chapter forty two

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

The days and nights felt as though they dragged in, slowly and painfully - for both Heiji and Sunwoo.

Although the pair hadn't spoken much via text or even in person since they kissed until the argument, the fact that there was no interaction now was killing the two more than ever.

The boy wanted nothing more than to phone the girl up and ask if she was okay, simply to hear her voice and put his mind at ease.

The girl wanted nothing more than to phone the boy up and apologise profusely, and to simply let him know that she loved him.

But the thoughts circling the twos' minds were enough to put them completely off the idea.

Sunwoo worried that he would be hurting his own pride if he caved in and called the girl first. Why should he have to be the first one to contact her?

Heiji worried that the boy needed space, and that's what she had to give him. But just how much space did he need, and for how long?

For now, there wasn't much else the two could do apart from wait and see how things played out. One thing was for sure, that they were never off each others minds.

"You've bought three bottles?" Haknyeon asks as Heiji trails alongside him, the girl humming in response. "They should change the saying... Love doesn't make you blind, it makes you an alcoholic."

"Good one," the girl rolls her eyes as she catches up with him. "I'm not drinking to forget about him."

"Are you sure?" Haknyeons eyes trail up and down the plastic bag which contained her alcohol for the night.

"Yes, I'm sure," Heiji sighs. "It's because I want to get drunk. We skipped it last weekend so I have some making up to do."

When they arrive at Sungyoon's house, mostly everyone was there including a few people Heiji had never seen before - but that was expected. Sungyoon knew everybody.

The girl barely introduced herself, not because she didn't want to, but because everyone scattered and started doing their own thing once things picked up pace a little.

"How has your birthday been so far?" Heiji smiles at Sungyoon.

"Great," he nods, but rather unenthusiastically which caught Heiji's attention. Luckily, it was only the two of them in the kitchen.

"You sound sure," Heiji says sarcastically, but not with a menacing tone. "What's wrong?"

"Feels useless celebrating anything without her," Sungyoon sighs, looking elsewhere as he took a sip of his drink. "I don't know how to fix things, I think it's too late."

Heiji felt reminiscent, a certain feeling of familiarity and relation came of the boys words.

"I don't think it's too late," Heiji declares almost too confidently.