chapter sixty two

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"Are you sure you guys can't come?" Hyunjae asks Heiji, walking beside her down the corridor as Yuqi tagged along with them.

"Hyunjae," Yuqi butts in, leaning over. "Girls night is important."

"So is staff nights!" He mocked her tone of voice, giving the girls an understanding smile. "But I won't try and convince you guys anymore."

"Good because it isn't working," Yuqi points out as Heiji laughed. "But we appreciate that you'll have the worst night without us there."

"Cute," Heiji chuckles, throwing the man a grin.

"You two have a good night then," he nods, giving Heiji a quick kiss on the cheek as he walked towards his car. "Bye."

The girls turned to face each other, awkwardly standing and waiting for the man to be out of sight and also far away enough to not hear their words.

"Thank you," Heiji lets out a breath as Yuqi shakes her head at her.

"It isn't a problem," she smiles. "It's what I'm here for. I've always wanted to be an accomplice in someone's hot affair - like in a movie or something."

"I don't think that speaks volumes about your character," Heiji chuckles at the woman's joke. "Besides, is it really an affair?"

"He is your husband," Yuqi nods. "Just that you have a husband and a boyfriend. You're living the dream."

"Is it really the dream?" She laughs as the two walk towards their cars. "I never dreamed of it."

"Again, my character must be showing," Yuqi rolls her eyes. "Where is it you guys are going?"

Heiji shrugs, clutching her bag as she stopped at her car. She truthfully didn't know where they were going, or why she even agreed to go with him in the first place.

But when words left Sunwoo's mouth, Heiji found herself feeling more drawn in and melting into every word.

"I'm not sure," she shrugs as Yuqi reaches her own drivers door. "But I will keep you updated."

"Please do," she laughs. "I'll see you soon, bye, love you."

She blew a kiss to Heiji, before the two drove off.

Heiji felt herself crumbling a little, the more she drove - the more her head became clouded with thoughts of her night ahead with the man.

She had just wished he didn't have this hold over her, but it was only expected since his charm was what she fell in love with first and foremost.

She undoubtedly questioned her love for the man over the years, her being able to move on should have been telling enough to her.

But did the act of moving on, really mean that she no longer loved him?