chapter fifty three

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"I am happy be the only Miss Song," Yuqi says as the two sit together during break time. "But it was a pleasure to share the title with you, I kinda miss it. We were like a team, a dynamic duo- Miss Song squared."

Heiji let's out a laugh, "I can't get used to it. The students can't seem to either, and it's been months now."

"They'll get there eventually," she shrugs.

"We're still a dynamic duo!" Heiji reminds the girl as she laughs with her, taking a bite of the biscuit in her hand.

"We better be," she nods at her. "What's your next step then?"

"What do you mean?" Heiji asks with her mouth half full, her hand reaching to catch any fall out as Yuqi laughed.

"Well you've got the husband, the house, the job..." she trails off, cocking an eyebrow at the girl.

"You could just ask me if I want to have children, you know," Heiji laughs at the girls attempt. "Which by the way, I do. It's just not something I've thought about."

"I don't like kids," Yuqi says casually, earning looks from around the staff room. "Guys, I mean young kids. Like the toddler stage is the worst, don't you agree?"

Teachers hum in agreement, one piping up. "And that's why we're high school teachers."

"Exactly," Yuqi agrees, taking a sip of her coffee, before speaking quietly to Heiji. "You haven't tried yet?"

"We have sex all the time," Heiji says quietly and casually, earning a smirk from Yuqi as though she was proud at her friends words. "It just hasn't been a topic of discussion."

Yuqi shrugs, "you'd be as welling resting for a few years before you consider it, in my opinion. You guys have done a lot these last few years."

"That's true," Heiji nods, her eyes diverting to the door as someone opened it. "Shit."

Yuqi looks at the girl in confusion, before turning to see Mr Lee who had just entered the room.

Funnily enough, Yuqi was at Heiji's wedding and seen the man outside, evidently uninvited in his casual attire. He didn't speak much to her, he was awkward and looked sad, so Yuqi asked Heiji what was going on, to which she told her everything. From start to finish.

It didn't necessarily take Yuqi's crush away from the man, but she realised that the only reason she thought she liked the man was due to his looks and the charm he displayed.

"Awkward," Yuqi whispers to the woman as he sat across the table from them. The pair could feel his eyes burn a whole through the side of their heads. "Gosh, you drank so much water, surely your bladder is full, Heiji?"

Heiji cocks an eyebrow at the girl before catching on, "oh, you're right. Bursting. Would you care to accompany me to the bathroom?"

Yuqi had to stifle her giggle at their childish antics, as she nodded her head and the two excused themselves from the room.