watching from afar [k.js]

*I just want to say, if you like abusive or controlling boy(girl)friends, don't read. That's not what I write about. The reader/yn is just a brat (most of the time)... because.... yeah*

It was steaming hot outside, almost like everyday now, in america.

Jisoo still wasn't used to all the heat but nonetheless, she followed the other girls to avoid being called a buzz kill again.

At the poolside, she was too scared to get in the water but, didn't want to get a sunburn.

So, she sat away from everyone else, in the shade, at a table for two.

Jisoo frowned.

Lisa and Jennie were tanning while Rosè swam around the pool, racing some cute boy she had spotted.

Jisoo, bit her bottom lip.

'Maybe I should get in...just this once.'

Her skin was very sensitive yet, she was willing to risk getting burned in order to have fun, besides, how much could it really hurt? The sun isn't  going to completely burn her skin off?

She clenched her teeth, taking a deep breath in and stood up.

Jisoo thought about it again.

'Is this really a smart idea?  No. Now, stop being so naive and sit down.'

She plopped right back in her chair, crossing her arms.

Jisoo shook her head while  searching her bag for her phone and pulled it out, finding random things to do.

She played her coloring game in peace, or almost peace because not to long after resting she was brought back to reality by the most adorable giggle.

Or atleast it was to her, because from the looks of the people around they all look annoyed, or they weren't even paying attention.

"Y/n, don't splash around, you'll get my hair wet."

Jisoos eyebrow raised as a smile took over the place of her frown.

The girl was so beautiful.

Big brown eyes and clear dark skin that complimented the pink bikini she wore.

The smile  on the girls face made her sigh happily, everything about this y/n, made her rethink getting out of the shade.

She blinked multiple times before, shaking her head.

"No, Jisoo. Don't do anything stupid." She talked down to herself, remaining still in her seat.

Her frown soon came back and she was right back on her phone.

"Jisoo, we found some extra sunblock in Lisa's bag, do you still wanna get in?"

Jisoos head snapped up quickly and she nodded almost, getting dizzy.

"Yes!" She exclaimed to Jennie, with the biggest smile on her face.

"Finarly." Her thick accent never failing to show itself, as she ran over to the chairs where the girls relaxed.

Jennie and Rosè glanced at each other and shook their heads before helping Jisoo, get her back and hard to reach places.

"Alright, just let me get you nose an-" Jennie turned around with a lil sunblock still on her finger only, to find Jisoo jumping into the pool.

"Welp."
She shrug before putting it on her own nose and sitting in her seat, picking up her book again.

Jisoo dived into the shallow water.

She was finally going to have fun, maybe even get to talk to y/n.

Y/n on the other hand was too distracted by her bestfriend to worry about anything else.

"Jimin, if you aren't going to let me do I want than what's the point of asking me to come?" She asked while floating on her back.

"I needed a wing girl, you're good at bringing attention to yourself." He shrugs.

Y/n rolls her eyes as her tiny feet finally make it back in the water.

"I'm not gonna be your wing girl right now,  I just want to play."

Jimin shoos you away pushing you in a different  direction.

"Ah, watch where you go!" Jisoo yelled before turning around.

Your eyes widened as the girls voice scared you.

"I'm so sorry, my friend pushed me into you and I couldn't stop myself in time."

"Well, just watch out....next time." Her thoughts slowed down as everything around her faded out, your soft voice being the only thing that played through her mind.

"I said sorry." You stated, making yourself clear before turning around about to confront Jimin for embarrassing you like that.

"...Hey, wait." Jisoo snapped again and grabbed your hand.

She spun you around.

"I...I... I didn't mean to be rude."

You slowly removed your hand away from the strangers before slightly smiling.

"It's fine, I guess."

You both stared at each other, awkwardly. Your smile only got tighter and tighter until she finally said something.

"I just wanted to tell you....how pretty you are."

"Me?" You pointed to yourself.

Jisoo laughed while pointing at you.

"Yes, you. You're very... uh- pretty. Very cute."

You looked away flustered tucking away your wet curls.

"Ummm, thank you very much. You're also very pretty."

You contniued to look away from her, fiddling with your fingers as you felt your face growing hot.

"My name is Jisoo." She smiles while sticking out her hand.

You grinned grabbing her wet hand, again.

"And my name is-"

She cut you off before she floated in closer, grabbing your waist and gently touching her lips to yours.

She grabbed your head softly with one hand, keeping your lips connected as they moved against eachother in almost perfect harmony.

The both of you pulled away at the same time, realizing  you were still very much in public, staring back into the others eyes.

Smiling she rubbed the side of your face, with her thumb.

"Do you want to maybe get outta here?"

You glanced back at Jimin only to see him flirting with some boy, not even worried about you.

You grabbed Jisoos wet hand and squeezed it, tight.

"sure."