Chapter 7: Titanic

"Leo," I laughed as he chased me around my bedroom with his Polaroid camera. He had just gotten film for it, but his mom gave it to him for his birthday on November 11th, and that was about a week ago. I plopped flat on my back on the couch as I giggled, him climbing over me to get a picture of my face. I was sure it was one of my eyes closed and me laughing obnoxiously, only able to imagine how ugly it must be.

"Let me see it," I lightly demanded, but he held the currently grey photo out of my reach.

"Not yet," he responded. That's when I realized that his knees were on either side of my waist, and I began blushing when I saw the position we were in. After he shook the photo, which probably wasn't a great idea, I saw the images were magically coming together. I was surprised when it was actually a flattering angle for me, not imagining anyone could capture that moment that way.

"Is there anything you can't do," I asked, gazing at myself in the recent memory.

"What? You're just really beautiful, Ava," he claimed, carefully getting up off the couch.

"I am?" My face was surely a bright red by now as he put the new Polaroid with the others of me.

"Yeah, I thought you knew that. It's obvious," he stated as he organized the small squares on my coffee table.

I sat up on the sofa as I grew quiet, biting my lower lip before walking over to where Leo was bent over. His eyes were staring intently at his artwork as I spoke up beside him.

"Can I take pictures of you now," I requested, growing suddenly shy.

"Sure," he casually answered, picking up his camera to hand to me. "There are only 20 pictures left, but I doubt you'll need that many."

Are you kidding? With how gorgeous you are? 100 wouldn't be enough. "Okay," I simply replied.

"So, do you want me to pose or something," he joked slightly, his stunning blue eyes stuck on me. He was just wearing a black sweater and blue jeans, but I thought it was sexier than a loud outfit.

"No," I almost whispered. "Just do whatever you want. You know, kind of like what you did with me. Except no more running, I'm getting tired." I smiled faintly as my eyes danced between his, the sexual tension never stronger between us.

"Okay," he agreed with his cute smile, placing his hands into his pockets before leaning against the wall. That jawline, that physique, the way he tilted his head back a tiny bit. Click. Sitting on the floor adorably, laughing up at me as he tried organizing his photos in between takes, his knees sticking out as he didn't quite cross his legs. Click. Him lounging on my bed, his hands behind his head with his elbows bent outwards, his faint smirk that drove my heart wild. Click. Dreams of climbing over to him and kissing his plush lips, forgotten when he scared me half to death when he suddenly sneaked up from behind me, throwing his arms around my waist. Click. Great, a picture of my own foot in a purple sock. Him sitting on the couch, brushing his hair back, then leaning his head over to grin at me. Click. A blur of him jumping over the sofa with one hand on the back, hoping he didn't hurt himself or fall. Click. Him after he did land on the floor, laughing his butt off as he rolled around a little. Click. Click. Me tripping over his legs to fall on top of him, our faces centimeters of apart. What even happened to the camera?

I held my breath as Leo breathed heavily, his chest rising and falling gently, my breathing coming out shaky when I managed to exhale at all.

"I'm sorry. I hope I didn't hurt your camera," I apologized in a hushed tone.

"Nah, it's right here." He proudly held it up as I realized I had set it beside his head, one of the last photos discarded on the floor by mistake, while the other was still sticking out of the camera.