Chapter 10: I Think We're Alone Now

The following morning, which was a Sunday, Leo and I decided to work on his sketches all day. It started out fairly fun, me sitting back on the couch with my legs across it, my ankles crossed as I pretended to be brushing my side bangs hanging out of my ponytail from my eyes. It was the purple plaid dress with the black, long sleeved shirt underneath I wore, black army boots on my feet. Leo smiled at me as I kept watching the t.v. as he worked, knowing I would get bored out of my mind otherwise. I gasped as I watched an intense scene of the new series, "Beverly Hills, 90210," completely immersed in the storyline. Even though I was head over heels crazy about Leo, I couldn't help but notice how cute the character, Brandon Walsh was, mentally fangirling over him. I think Leo could tell that I was checking the actor out by the way he was gazing at me almost with a hint of jealousy. Give me a break, I'll never meet that guy, and Leo's the only one I ever want to be with. I chewed my lower lip as I looked over at him to the side with only my eyes once the credits started to flash across the screen.

"I'm done," Leo announced before taking long strides up to me, showing me the drawing. He never failed to amaze me with his raw and natural talent.

"What do you want me to wear next," I wondered, sitting up as I swung my legs over the front of the couch.

He rummaged through my large, plastic Bloomingdale's bag before retrieving the brown plaid flannel with the white tank top, handing them to me. I hurried to the bathroom to change, him playfully rolling his eyes when I jumped for the couch, so that I wouldn't miss the second half of my show, which was pretty long since each episode ran for like an hour with commercials. Leo rolled my sleeves up for me as he positioned me the way he wanted, which was basically with my legs bent up to my chest on the sofa cushion, my chin resting on my knees. I think he was trying to find poses that would work, so that I wouldn't miss my program. After we tired every section of my bedroom where I could see the television set, going through the series, "Full House," "Saved by the Bell," "Growing Pains," and even the first episode I had ever seen of "Murphy Brown," we finally headed upstairs. I realized that it was growing late in the evening, both of our moms not home, since my mother was with her sister again, and Leo's was at work. There was only one outfit left and it was the red dress, Leo having to help me zip it up in the back before we started. I sat sideways on the wide steps to our grand, white marble stairway in the middle of the entryway to my house. I placed my hands delicately on one of my bent knees, Leo pulling up a chair from the living room, careful not to scrape the tiled flooring. My eyes locked with his for a brief moment before he began, in awe by how he could draw for hours on end. I could only imagine how tired his hands might be, hoping he didn't get carpel tunnel. My hair was pulled up in the back with my side bangs sweeping across my eyebrow, red lips being the main focus. Even though I didn't have the television to distract me, I didn't want that anymore, all I wanted was to watch Leo study me for forever. I guess it was obvious I was his muse, but I don't think I would ever tire of it. After an intense hour, he was finally done with the current picture, holding it out from behind me, so that I could see it.

"I think this is your best yet, Leo. It kind of reminds me of the one you did with me in my gold dress. You added some of my freckles in though," I slightly laughed, since my makeup covered them all.

"They're what make you most beautiful, Ava, everything about you is beautiful." I slowly stood as we directly looked at each other, the skirt of my dress sweeping the marble steps below my black heels.

"What do you see in me? I'm not that pretty, Leo. I'm not even a good muse. I mean, I don't have any curves, my chest is the smallest in existence, and I have imperfections all over my face. I don't look like a model. I know I always just let you call me beautiful, but I really don't understand what you see in me."