Chapter 17: Blue Moon

WARNING: There's a sex scene at the end.

It was the last day of Christmas break when Inez came bursting into my house. I guess my aunt had just let her in. My mom hadn't been around much, since she was working hard on an upcoming interview for Entertainment Tonight.

"That bitch Allison just confessed everything," exclaimed Inez, me wincing by how she cursed so loudly. Thankfully Christine had drifted to the kitchen, so it was just us in the living room. "She literally called me up and then started ranting about it all. She said how she wasn't even sorry, because she's always wanted to be with Leo, but now she's over him since he snapped at her like that. She doesn't get what went wrong. She thought they had chemistry. Please, girl, he has a girlfriend. Who does she think she is?"

I held back a laugh as I smiled a tiny bit from Inez's reaction, but then it hit me that Allison wasn't who I thought she was. I believed we might have even been friends at one time. "I can't believe she did this..." My voice was quiet as I trailed off my words.

"I know," Inez dramatically emphasized. "I thought she was cool too. We were actually getting to be pretty good friends, but I told her if she's going to act like that then I don't want anything do with her. She didn't even apologize or anything, just agreed with me."

"Are you okay," I checked, looking over at her, since we were both on the couch.

"Yeah, I don't need toxic people like that in my life. I'm glad I found out about it now. So... where's Leo? Isn't he like always over here," she teased.

"He's at home spending the day with his mom," I replied.

"Oh. So, do you want to do something together?"

"Like what?"

"Like... I don't know, going shopping, or eating junk food, or watching a sappy romance movie, that kind of thing."

"Do you want to watch a movie, while eating ice cream," I suggested.

"Sure! What kind of ice cream do you have?" Her eyes lit up at the mention of that dessert.

"Rocky road, moose tracks, uh, strawberry... That's Aunt Christine's favorite. And then we have vanilla and superman ice cream."

"I'll take the rocky road," Inez decided.

"I think I'll go with my favorite, moose tracks," I noted, us heading to the kitchen to get our snacks.

Soon we were seated in front of the t.v., watching a great romance film and consuming sugar. I jumped a bit when at the end of our movie a pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who...," they trailed off.

I felt the corners of my mouth twitching upwards as I grabbed their wrists before turning around. I rested on my knees, so that I could see over the back of the couch, their adorable grin stealing my heart. "I thought you were going to be gone all day."

"Yeah, but it's almost night now," he pointed out on a clock on the wall that read, 8.

"I didn't realize it was that late," I admitted, my eyes now focused on Leo's downcast ones.

"Do you want me to leave the room, so it can be your own," Inez joked, giving us a discreet smirk.

"No, you're fine," I reacted, Leo crossing his arms in front of me as he wrapped them around me. I felt him kiss the top of my head gently as I sighed in contentment.

"I think I'm leaving anyway. I'll see you two tomorrow at school." Inez winked as she grabbed her pink, stylish, short jacket before heading for the door.