Chapter 1

A/N: what's up!!! New story based on current obsession - NCIS
"Ok, new place, new job. What's the worst that can happen?" Grace, a former KSP detective, said to herself as she parked her car in the lot of NCIS, or Navy Criminal Investigative Service one morning in early November. Thing is, she didn't even apply or interview-she just got a call from her supervisor saying she was being relocated, no reason why. She took a deep breath and straightened up her blouse and khakis as she went in the doors and through the metal detector. After being cleared, she looked at the directions she was given, but it was kind of complicated. She wasn't paying attention, and she ran into somebody.
"Oh, I'm sorry" she said, looking up at the person she ran into. "I'm lost, it's my first day here" she tried to explain, but was interrupted.
"Don't apologize, it's not a problem." The man said. "Let me see your papers, maybe I can help" he said, holding a hand out. She raised an eyebrow, but handed him the papers anyway. After a look through, he looked at her again. "Looks like you and I will be working together, so follow me. What's your name?"
"Grace Williams. And you are?"
"Very special agent Anthony Dinozzo" he replied, and turned and walked away. When he didn't hear footsteps, he turned around. "You coming?" He called to her, but then turned and continued on his way.
"Yeah, on my way" Once they got off the elevator, she followed him to the main area.
"Hey, Boss. Found our new probie wandering the halls." Tony said. An older man stood up at his desk. "Miss Williams, this is Special Agent Gibbs. Boss, this is former KSP detective Grace Williams"
"Nice to meet you, agent Gibbs." She said politely, only getting a nod in return. "Right...so, where can I put my stuff?"
"There's an empty desk behind you." He replied, and she suppressed the urge to roll her eyes as she turned around and set her bag down at her new desk.
"Hey, don't let Gibbs get to you, he can be kinda..." Tony started.
"Set in his ways?" She suggested
"I was gonna say demanding and abrasive" she saw Gibbs standing behind him as he said this, and she cleared her throat and Tony's smirk faded. Gibbs smacked him on the back of the head.
"Already telling the newbie about me?" Gibbs asked as he moved back to his desk. 'Note to self - keep on guard' she thought with a subtle shake of her head as Tony went back to his desk. Then, Gibbs' desk phone rang. "Gibbs" she noticed he didn't write anything down, just nodded his head and hung up the phone. "Grab the gear, get the truck. Newbie, come on" he said as Tony and agent McGee got up.
"This newbie thing's gotta stop" she muttered as she grabbed her bag.