Chapter 37: introducing...

A/N: yay, more song lyrics! Again, this song is by Mark Shultz...and again, make sure you have tissues handy...
-a few hours later-
Grace and Gibbs finally got news that their baby girl was healthy and got to hold her, but there still wasn't any word on the baby boy.  Gibbs went to the window to the NICU to watch over their son while Grace stayed with their daughter.  His heart broke when he finally caught a glimpse of the small child, hooked up to oxygen and numerous IVs.  A song came into his head after a moment...
'Can You hear me? Am I getting through tonight? Can You see him? Can You make him feel all right? If You can hear me, let me take his place some how. See, he's not just anyone, he's my son.'
After a few minutes, he got a phone call, and answered it.
"Yeah, Gibbs"
"Hey, Boss.  Got any good news for us?" Came Tony's voice. 
"Got good news...and bad news..." he replied.
"What do you mean?"
"Grace and our daughter are fine...but our son is in NICU"
"Wait...twins?!" Came McGee's voice. 
"Yeah, twins.  Boy and girl, and boy isn't doing well."
"Keep us updated, Gibbs" he heard Mackenzie say.
"Yeah, will do" he said, then hung up the phone.  He made is way back to their hospital room and saw Grace holding their sleeping daughter.  He smiled slightly as he entered the room. 
"Hey...how is he?" She asked, and his smile fell.
"No change.  Has the doctor come in yet?"
"No, not yet..." she said sadly.  He got to her and looked down at their daughter, who was now awake.  "Do you want to hold her?" She asked, and he nodded, taking the little girl into his arms.  He took notice that she was the spitting image of her mother.
"She looks just like you" he said softly, and she smiled. 
"The eyes are all you, Gibbs" she replied and sure enough, he noticed that they were more of a grayish blue.  The little girl stretched out her arms, reaching for him.  "Only a few hours old and she already has you wrapped around her finger" she said, laughing slightly as the girl took hold of his finger. 
"What are we going to name her?" He asked, and she thought about it for a little while. 
"How about Kenzie...full name Kenzie Kelli Gibbs" she replied, looking right at him.  He looked right at her, and she nodded her head in added reply. 
"It's perfect..." he looked down at the little girl and noticed she was smiling.  "Seems she likes it too."
"That it does..." she replied,  By silent agreement, they decided to not name their son until they could both see him and hold him for the first time.
-a few days later-
The boy's condition improved significantly, and they were finally able to hold him.  At that time, they also asked their team to come in. 
"Guys, this is Kenzie Kelli Gibbs, named after her cool aunt and godmother" Grace said with a smile. 
"Awe, you guys!" Mackenzie replied, tearing up slightly.
"And this little guys name is Anthony Timothy Gibbs, named after her godfather Tony and cool uncle Tim" Gibbs continued.  Tony and Tim couldn't keep the proud smiles off of their faces.