Chapter 24: Telling The Team

Gibbs went to get a ring after they got off work and put it on her when they got home - it was simple, just a little silver ring with two hearts intertwined - he worried it may have been too simple, but she talked him right out of that mindset.
"Jethro, it's perfect. I love it" she said with a smile. "So...how long should we wait to tell the team?"
"How about we just let them find out on their own?"
"I like that idea" she replied. "It'll be hard to hide when I'm always smiling" she said.
"That's okay, it's worth it to see that beautiful smile of yours" he replied, and she blushed slightly in reply.
-next morning-
They woke up and went into work as normal, but this time they drove in together. Ducky got their at the same time.
"Ah, Jethro, Grace. How are you two doing this morning?"
"Doing pretty good, doc. You?"
"It's another day" he replied, then noticed something shining on her left hand. "My dear, is that what I think it is?"
"Well that didn't take long" she whispered to Gibbs with a chuckle. "Yes, Ducky, it is."
"Well, congratulations to the both of you! Come along, we can ride in the elevator together and you can tell me all about it" he replied and they all 3 got in the elevator. The couple said goodbye to Ducky when the elevator stopped on his floor. Next up was Abby, who just so happened to be in the main bullpen.
"Hey, guys! So..." she was about to say something, but got sidetracked, again, by the ring on her hand. "When's the wedding?!"
"Easy, Abbs. Just got engaged yesterday, it's going to take some time" Grace replied
"Then I'll help! Can I be your maid of honor, please?" Abby asked and Grace laughed in reply.
"Sure, Abby. That's one less decision for me to have to make myself now." She turned to Gibbs. "We may as well tell Tony and Tim when they come in as well...I'm not sure how much more I can take people staring at my hand"
"Sounds good to me" Gibbs replied. "Now, Abby, what did you need?"
"Oh, right! So..." after a few minutes of giving her update, she left and the newly engaged couple was able to work for a few minutes before the other two team members came in.
"So, did you two get things patched up yesterday?" Tony asked, and Gibbs nodded.
"Yep, it's all good now"
"Well, that's great news" Tim commented.
"It's about to get even greater" Grace said with a smile. At their curious looks, she held up her hand. "Gibbs asked me to marry him and I said yes"
"Congratulations, you guys!" Tim said.
"Wow, boss. Didn't think you had it in you to get married again" Tony commented and Grace stood up and smacked him on the head.
"Face it, Dinozzo, you deserve that one..." she said, getting back to work. Tony looked to Gibbs.
"Got a good one there, Boss."
"Yeah..." he said, looking at his new fiancé. "yeah, I do"