Chapter 30: the HQ explosion

-about a week later-
Despite the tumultuous first week of her pregnancy, the ultrasound showed everything was fine with Grace's baby.  She was just very barely starting to show at 5 weeks.  In other news, Mackenzie and Tony were starting to get closer.  When Mackenzie found out Grace was pregnant, she promised to be the "best aunt ever!" And Grace was happy that things were going well between her and Tony - although she did have to give the customary "dating my best friend" speech, which can be made even more intense when you're dealing with a hormonal woman.  Then, things were starting to get kind of intense...
It started with the issue of a bombing of a navy ship.  The rest of the team went while Grace stayed behind to look up anything - but she wasn't happy about it.  After some investigation, they found that a man by the name of Harper Dearing was responsible for it and a few other bombings in the past, because he believed full well that the Navy killed his son. 
The latest phone call from Dearing came that afternoon, and after a thorough analysis, they heard what sounded like church bells ringing. 
"The chapel" Tony said.  The chapel was across the street from the NCIS headquarters. 
"We've got to get out now! Everyone evacuate!" Director Leon Vance called and everyone rushed to gather her things.  Everyone else was leaving, but the MCRT stayed behind to help with evacuations.  They were the last ones to leave, and Tony and Mackenzie got in the elevator - she was helping out as temp NCIS agent while Grace was on desk duty.  Meanwhile, Grace was waiting on McGee to get the last couple of files from his computer onto a drive.
"Come on, Tim! We got to go"
"Almost got it...and done! Let's go!" They were just about to leave, when...an explosion wracked the building, brick, mortar, and steel pipes went everywhere, small objects were projectiles!
-later-
"Oh...what happened?" Grace said to herself as she came to.  Then, it came back to her and she turned to her left.  "McGee!" She said, and started to get up.  "Come on, Tim.  Wake up" after a few moments, Tim started to stir.  "Oh, thank goodness.  You okay?"
"Yeah.  I'm okay.  Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm good.  But, it is kind of warm in here, let's go" she started to move and Tim noticed something.
"Wait!" He said and she stopped.  When she turned around, to his horror, he saw a piece of glass sticking out of her stomach. 
"Uh oh..." she said softly. 
"Come on...lets get you out of here."
"Thanks, Tim...I owe you one"
"Just make sure that you and the baby stay healthy, or else Gibbs will have my head" it was then that she remembered something - Gibbs!
"Where's Gibbs? Where'd he go?" Tim was silent for a moment.  "Tim, not much is worse than a hormonal woman.  Now tell me, where is he?"
"Last I saw, he was heading down to the basement to get Abby."
"Oh no..." she started to fret as they got outside, but that quickly turned to relief when she saw that both Gibbs and Abby were okay.  Gibbs looked up and saw what was going on and took over for McGee. 
"Thanks, Tim.  I got her from here"
"God, Jethro...I thought you were..." she said, the adrenaline wearing off and emotions settling in. 
"Easy, baby...it's okay" he said, doing his best to comfort her.  "Come on, let's get you to the hospital." They were headed to the ambulance when she thought of something.
"Gibbs, Tony and Mackenzie - they're still in there"