Chapter 8: Abby makes matches 2 - maximum tension

A/N: again, I want to point out that the parents thing is ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE STORY
Previously...
Then, a song came on that she couldn't listen to without getting upset. She tried to hide it but it quickly became apparent that she wouldn't be able to. She stood up and walked away from the group, trying her best to keep her emotions at bay until she was sure she'd be alone.
Gibbs watched as Grace stood and walked away. When she didn't return, he got worried and stood up to follow her. He followed her outside and saw her sitting on the ground, wiping at her face.
"Please, leave me alone..." she said quietly, putting her face in her hands. Of course, he ignored her plea and sat down next to her. He didn't say anything for a few minutes, and she appreciated that he didn't try to get any information until she calmed down a bit.
"What's wrong?" He finally asked. She sighed and looked straight ahead.
"That song...it's hard to listen to that song, has been since..." she trailed off, unable to finish her sentence. She felt a hand on her shoulder, urging her to continue when she was ready. "...since I lost my parents two years ago-car wreck...dad was killed immediately, but mom tried to hold on. She actually held on until Christmas morning..." she finally said.
"That explains why you've been acting the way you have the past few days" he replied, and she was happy with the fact that he didn't give her any sympathy - she'd gotten enough of that. She nodded in silent reply and started to shiver from the cold. "Come on, let's go back in."
"I'm not sure I'm up to going back in...but okay" she replied, taking the hand he offered before standing up. They went back in and back to their table. After a little while of talking amongst themselves, Abby excused herself and left the table. Grace followed her with her eyes and her eyes got wide when she saw Abby go towards the deejay. 'Abby...don't you dare...' she thought, mentally pleading and honestly wishing she could read minds. Unfortunately, luck was not on her side when the first notes of a different song came on...her least favorite Christmas song for a different reason-all I want for Christmas is You.
"This song is dedicated to a good friend of mine, who has something to say" Abby said through the mic and Grace put her head down on the table. 'Why me?' She asked in her mind. She raised her head back up and watched as Abby walked back over, holding something in her hand. She kept moving until she was between Grace and Gibbs and held something up right above them - mistletoe. Grace blushed deeply and glared at Abby for a moment before turning her attention to Gibbs.
"Go on, Gibbs..." Abby mumbled, and Grace could definitely feel all eyes on them now.
"Gibbs...you don't have to, I'd understand...and I swear I didn't plan this, she did this on her own..." Grace rambled, but was cut short when he kissed her. It was quick, over in an instant, but her butterflies were in overdrive when they pulled away from each other.
"With me" was all he said as he grabbed her hand before standing, pulling her along. They were back outside again when he suddenly stopped, causing her to run into him. He turned to face her.
"Look, Gibbs...like I said, I get it...if you don't like me, just tell me and I can move-" she was cut off again when he kissed her again, this time not holding back. He tangled his hands in her hair while she put her arms around him.