Chapter 4: chaos in autopsy

-roughly 2 weeks later-
Grace had pushed the conversation with Abby to the back of her mind.  She figured if something is going to happen, it will on its own.  It all came to a head one day down in autopsy. 
She was down with Ducky and his assistant, Gerald, when a body came in.  She got a bad feeling in her gut that something was about to go very wrong.  Gerald opened the bag and the man inside it was still alive.  Before she knew it, they were all bound with cable ties on their wrists behind their backs.  It was a couple of hours later when the man spoke.
"Doctor Mallard, I require your assistance." The man asked.
"And if I refuse?" Ducky countered, and the man placed the gun on Grace's shoulder, looking at her.
"It's my understanding that you're new here, right?" He asked, but she stayed silent.  "It'd be a shame if your new job was cut so short."
"Alright, I'll help.  What do you need from me?"
"Ducky, what are you doing?" Grace asked, shocked.
"My dear, if Jethro were to find out that you were hurt, well...I shudder to think what would happen to this man."  He replied.  Her eyes went wide.  "I'm guessing I'm not the first to tell you something to this effect"
"No, Duck, you're not." She replied, then watched as he stood and did as he was told.  He re-gathered the evidence and placed it with the body the man requested be brought back out.  It was then she noticed a small tube being sent down a hole in the ceiling, and she got an idea.  She had to get his attention and actually get hurt that way they'd send paramedics down.  She slowly stood up, looked at the camera with a smile, then started her plan.
"You know, stranger, if you think you're going to get away with this, you're wrong.  You know what you are?" When the man turned to her, she took a deep breath.  "you're a coward.  You're arrogant.  You're demanding of those who you see as inferior.  You're nothing but a bully with a gun." Within moments, pain ripped through her shoulder and she yelled in pain.
"The next shot will be fatal.  Remember that." The man said, lowering his gun, as Ducky tended to her, having to undo the cable ties.  He was able to get the blood to stop and get the wound wrapped, but they needed to get her out.  The man looked around and saw the reason for the sudden surge of confidence.  "Bold move, my dear.  I see the wheels turning in your mind.  Phone-now" she glared, but handed over her phone.  He dialed a number and turned his back, and she smirked-her plan was working. 
"Grace, are you sure you know what you're doing?" Ducky asked.  She looked at him before speaking, in a hushed tone.
"Ducky, look up and to the right behind me" he did as told and then saw why she did what she did.  "Remember how you said that Gibbs would react rather unkindly if something were to happen?" He nodded.  "Well, something has happened now." Around that time, the lights went out and the man hung up the phone. 
"Your agent Gibbs is on his way down here.  You've only got a busted shoulder-do you want to make it worse?" The man asked.  She shook her head no, acting scared.  "Good, then stand up."
"I don't think I should..."
"Now." She sighed and slowly stood up.  She saw Gibbs come into autopsy, but the lights were turned off.  The man started whispering in her ear.  "You're going to keep quiet or else." She nodded in reply.  "Agent Gibbs."
"Shut it.  You know why I'm here.  Hand her over." Gibbs replied.  The lights turned on and he saw the man holding her with a gun to her head.
"Not until you hold up your end of our deal.  The rest of the evidence.  Hand it over"
"Gibbs, don't do it" she started to say but then the man's hand covered her mouth - mistakes one through four, in her opinion. 
"I believe I told you to keep quiet, did I not?" The man said, pushing the gun more against her head.  She took a chance - she opened her mouth just barely and clamped down, biting his hand.  When he let go of her, she turned around and punched him in the gut with her good arm and went to untie Gerald.  Ducky looked on shocked, Gibbs was impressed, and the man, well, he was doubled over.  He straightened back up, and aimed the gun at her.  "I must admit, I underestimated you.  But don't think you'll get away with that again"
"You touch her again, you won't be getting back up" she turned and saw Gibbs pointing his gun at the man.
"Well well, what have we here? Do I sense something in your tone of voice, agent?" The man asked with a snide chuckle. 
"Maybe, but that's none of your business." He replied, shifting his gaze to her.  Without warning, a group of men came charging in with smoke bombs.  Right before they went off, Grace heard two gunshots. 
-a few moments later-
She came to, the room still filled with smoke.  She saw Gibbs on the floor. 
"Gibbs!" She called and made her way to him.  She saw he was awake, but had a GSW to the shoulder.  "You alright, boss?" She asked, helping him sit up.
"I'll be fine.  Where is he?" He asked, and they both looked around, but didn't see him. 
"He's gone.  Who knows where he could be" she replied with a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose, feeling a headache coming up.