Chapter 25: The Wedding part 1/3

-time skip: 1.5 months-
It was early to mid April, and it was the day that Grace and Gibbs have been waiting for. Today, they were getting married. As she waited in her hotel room, she thought about what had taken place in the planning of this wedding, starting with the hardest - finding a dress.
Flashback
Grace and Abby went to a local dress shop and she started the search. Then, she found it - cap-sleeved, bejeweled bodice, light and flowy skirt that went to her ankles.
"Hey, Abby...what do you think?"
"I think you need to go try that on while I find a dress" she replied with a smile and went on a search of her own. She tried on the dress and instantly fell in love with it. Abby found a little black dress - it worked cause the theme was monochromatic (black and white) - and they left
-Current time, different location-
Gibbs was also getting ready for the wedding, and as he was getting dressed, he thought about his choice for best man.
Flashback
"Hey, Tony, can I talk to you for a sec?"
"Uh, yeah, sure boss" Gibbs led his confused SFA to the elevator and hit the switch once the door closed. "Everything okay?"
"Yeah, I just wanted to ask you something - Very Special Agent Anthony Dinozzo, will you do me the honor of being the best man at my wedding?" To say he was shocked was an understatement.
"Boss..."
"You and I have a history, known each other since you tackled me that day in Baltimore, and you were even the one who brought the woman into my life that I'm going to marry - literally, you brought her into the office. I can't think of a better person"
"Boss, you're gonna make me cry. It would be my honor to be the best man"
-current time, back at hotel-
By now, Abby had come in and was helping Grace with her dress. After the dress was on came the makeup. She allowed Abby full reign - as long as she got to make the final decision. Abby decided to go with gunmetal grey eyeshadow with black mascara and dark pink, almost red lipstick. Once makeup was done, next came the hair. That was a lot simpler - just doing beach wave type curls. Finally came the jewelry which only consisted of small diamond stud earrings. Right as Abby got her shoes on, there was a knock. Abby answered the door and Ducky answered.
"Are you ready?" He asked, looking at her and smiling.
"As I'll ever be..." she replied as she hooked her arm in his. Her final thought as she left the hotel room was 'it's finally happening...by the end of the day, I'll be married.'