Chapter 33: sick part 1

-a few weeks later (mid August)-
Grace was able to go out into the field but was only allowed to observe.  It was a hot summer and she wasn't about to run when she was 4-5 months pregnant with twins.  The team was out in a more wooded area working a case while she waited by the car.  Meanwhile, Mackenzie was looking around for any additional clues when she felt something bite her arm.  She looked down and saw a tick. 
"Ow!" She said, pulling the tick off of her and throwing it on the ground.
"Mack, you okay?" Tony asked, looking over at her.
"Yeah, fine" she replied, getting back to work.
-a few days later-
"Yeah, you just let us know if you need anything, okay?" Grace heard Tony say on his phone as he got off the elevator. 
"Everything okay?" She asked as he hung up.
"Yeah, that was Mack.  She's still not feeling well." He replied, and she frowned.
"That's weird...she's been sick for 3 days already..." she replied, concerned.
"Yeah...I may stop by after work today and check on her."
"That sounds like a good idea.  She's lucky to have someone who cares for her like you do..."
-late that evening-
"Mack, you in?" Tony called, knocking on her door.  When he didn't get an answer, he got concerned.  He picked the lock and went in.  "Mackenzie, you okay babe?" He asked again, looking for her.  He finally found her in the bedroom, but she was in the floor, out cold.  He rushed to her side and turned her onto her back.
"Tony..." she said weakly.  He felt her forehead and she was burning up.  He picked her up in his arms.
"Come on, I'm taking you to the hospital.  This has went on for long enough"
-Gibbs residence-
Grace and Gibbs were both sleeping when her phone rang.  She turned over and picked up her phone to answer it.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Grace...sorry to bother you so late"
"No, Tony, it's fine.  What's wrong?" She asked, rubbing her hand down her face.
"It's Mackenzie.  I came over and she was passed out and burning up with fever" he replied, sounding very concerned.
"What?!" She exclaimed, now sitting up in the bed.  "Ok, where are you now?"
"We're on our way to Bethesda now"
"Okay, I'll meet you there.  Bye, Tony" she said as she hung up the phone.
"What's going on?" Gibbs asked next to her.
"It's Mack...she's sick.  Tony found her passed out on her floor.  He's taking her to the hospital.  I'm heading over there to meet him." She replied, getting out of bed and getting dressed. 
"I'm coming with you" he replied, getting up as well.  She nodded as she started getting a small bag together with some books and things while he got dressed. 
"I'm worried about her...this hasn't happened to her before...and what about Tony?" She said, more to herself, but he heard it and went to her side and took a shaky hand in his.
"She's a strong woman, I'm sure she'll be fine"
"Yeah...you're right" she said with a small smile.  "C'mon, let's go" she said as she grabbed her bag and out the door they went.