Chapter 49 - christmas time!

A/N: hard to believe I'm almost 50 chapters in...also hard to believe I haven't done another Christmas one since...chapter 7 I think? Well, here's another one! Also, thanks for keeping me at number 1!
-about a month to a month and a half later-
Before the team knew it, it was the Christmas season.  Between cases and other things, the season snuck up on them. 
"So, any plans, guys?" Grace asked one morning a couple of days before Christmas. 
"Well, Mack and I are planning to go to...where is it again?" Tony asked, looking at Mackenzie, who rolled her eyes.
"Oh, Tony...so forgetful...we're going to New Orleans, Louisiana." Mack replied. 
"Great place.  When you get there, if you see Dwayne Pride, tell him I said hello" Gibbs said from his desk.
"Who's he?" Mack asked.
"He's the team lead for the NCIS headquarters in New Orleans" Grace replied, and noticed the shocked look on Gibbs face.  "What, you think that KSP was my only law enforcement job?"
"You used to work with Agent Pride?"
"Yep, fresh out of school.  My teacher told me he got in touch with Pride right before my graduation, told him about me, and wanted me to go there to work."
"How long did you stay there?" McGee asked.
"A few years, but I missed my parents a lot so I moved to KSP.  After my parents died, Pride got word and asked if I wanted to come back.  I declined his offer because I was still grieving."
-next day, Louisiana-
Tony and Mack went to a local bar/restaurant for Christmas Eve - they were told it was the best place to go.  When they went in, Tony instantly recognized the owner.
"Special agent Pride" he said, calling the man over.  The man looked up and smiled.
"Tony Dinozzo, long time no see" he replied, then looked at Mack.  "And who's your friend?"
"This is my girlfriend, Mackenzie."
"Nice to meet you, agent Pride" she said, shaking his hand.
"Call me Dwayne.  So, your boss treating you okay?"
"Cmon, you know Gibbs.  He doesn't change.  However, I hear you worked with his - now - wife"
"And who would that be?"
"Grace Williams, now Gibbs" Tony replied, and Pride smiled.
"So, she's back with NCIS.  I'll have to give her a call" he said as he led them to a booth.  "You two enjoy yourselves, I'm gonna go make that call"
"Thanks, Dwayne" Mack said as he left.  "He seems nice"
"Yeah, I wonder where his friend is, agent LaSalle...oh well, I'm sure he's fine" (A/N: he's not...) "anyways, how do you like New Orleans?"
"It's great! Thanks for agreeing to come here" Mack replied.
"Well, I have one more surprise for you tonight." Tony said, standing back up next to her, causing her to turn to face him.  "Mackenzie, we've been together for 2 years now, and they've been a great two years, but I think it's time we moved to the next step..." he got on one knee and pulled out a box.  He opened the box revealing a silver ring with black metal entwined with the silver at the top and a dark red gem in the shape of a rose at the top.  "Mackenzie, will you marry me?" She gasped in reply, and nodded, unable to form words.  He smiled and placed the ring on her finger.  There were cheers and applause all around.