Scarlet

Song of the week: Smashing pumpkins-Birch grove

———————————————————-

You sit in your cage, battered and broken, blankly looking into the wolf girls eyes.

He hand slowly inches close to the cage door as its opened once again.

He hand constantly hesitated as it enters your cage, her hand slowly and carefully closes in on you, causing you to brace for for impact, waiting for another torturous thing to happen.

"Please No more....I-I can't take it..."
You barely squeeze out of your lungs

The as you shut your eyes waiting for whatever was about to come you feel her finger lightly patting your head. Her finger tip gently nuzzling into your hair.

"It's ok little thing...I won't hurt you"
The girl says

You open your eyes looking at her. A look of pity stretched from ear to ear on her face. Like a women looking at a hurt animal.

She continued to rub your head, you felt comfortable it reminded you of Robin. And how her hands gave you a sense of comfort as your muscles relaxed.

"Poor little thing...You don't belong here.."
She says bringing you out once again.

"You humans deserve so much better, we'll at least you do...."
She says beginning to now massage your back.

"T-thank you..."
You say closing your eyes again as you feel the tears coming up again

"Of course...you rest now I'll bring you something to eat. You must be starving"
She leaves you in your cage with the door open. You sit to think for a bit, and because it hurt to stand.

"Is this really it?"
You thought as you sat in silence

"...Am I really just a plaything for a bunch of monster's? An object that can be disposed of....beaten. W-what did I do to deserve this? I-I wanna go home...I wanna be free..."
You say weekly outstretching your hand to the cage door. The worst part about your cages position was that it sat just out of reach to a window that overlooked what you thought to be a city of some kind. But yet here you were trapped, a simple piece of entertainment for someone else.

You looked down at the floor, letting your arm flop to the ground.

The wolf girl suddenly appears from around the corner.

"Here....it's not much for me but it's should be plenty for you little human"
She says passing you a tiny piece of bread.

You look at her confused

"W-what don't like it?"
She asks

"....Why are you being so nice to me?"
You ask

She seems almost shocked at the question.

"...I care for everyone in this place..."
She pauses

"No matter how small.."
She says crouching down to your eye level and warmly smiling.

You felt something you hadn't felt In a while you felt.......safe

Her hands reaches in to pat you one more time but you grab her finger and pull it closer to you..

"D-don't go...not yet....p-please.."
You ask

Her eyes sadden again. She then sat there for roughly five minutes just patting you and massaging your back.

"I'm Scarlet by the way.."
She says

"Hm? O-oh I'm-"

"Y/N? Right, says it on your collar"
She interrupts