Guilt

Song of the week: Coming of Age-Blondes

———————————————————-

Rain pitter pattered against the window of Robins window softly waking her from her slumber.

Her eyes that same beautiful emerald green colour that lit the room up. She stretched her arms as she looked to her window.

Robin stared idly for a few moments admiring the water trickling down the window. Her head the slowly looked over to the bedside table where Y/N's glass cage resided.

She slowly put her hand where the Jar used to be and sighed. She the lugged herself out of bed nearly slipping on her floor.

She continued her daily routine as she usually did. She then heard a slight ping noise from her phone.

Looking closely she saw a message from Altea it simply read...

"Let me know when to leave! Today is gonna be great!!

Robin smiled, she thought that this may help with whatever feeling she was having at the moment, although she wanted to deny what she was going through she knew full well what the problem was....

Robin arrives at the mall, the sky riddled with gloom as she stumbled over to the food court doors of the mall she was meeting Altea at.

Robin stumbles through looking for her friend

"Hey Robin!!!"
Altea squeals

"Morning Altea!"
Robin replies with a smile

The two banter on for a bit about the normal stuff. Like work and the latest episodes of there favourite shows, but immediately Altea notices something off about Robin

"R-Robin?"
Altea says concerned

Robins face darts up to look at her friend

"Y-yeah?"
Robin says

"...What's the matter?"
Altea asks

"..nothing everything is fi-"

"Ah don't give me that crap, I know you well enough to know something is bothering you!"
Altea interrupts

Robin looks at Altea for a brief moment...
A wall of sadness covers her face

"...It's the little gaffer isn't it?"
Altea says

"....I don't know what's wrong with me....I've done this kind of thing to other people before, It was just a way to make a quick buck that was all....an easy job"
Robin replies

There's an odd silence and Robin speaks again...

"I know I've only done this for about a month....but Why didn't I care before, why all of sudden do I give a shit...he was just some random fucking human..."
Robin continued

"....Robin....As much as you probably don't want to hear it....I think you have something for that Random Fucking Human as you so aptly put it"
Altea states

"....I know...that's what I don't understand...He was just a job..."
Robin says gripping her face in frustration.

"Is that how you actually feel?"
Altea says

Robin looks up at her tears welling

"....I miss him Altea....I miss him so much, you know....it's amazing how wrong we've been about humans, he was so kind...gentle....he cared. Something about that morning I met him...he was supposed to be a product but Something enticed me....He had this aura of loneliness about him...he wanted to be held and cared for just as he has done for others...I could see it in his eyes. Those nights we spent together...it showed me what I hadn't seen before.....I was shown what a human actually is and the truth is there no different from you or me....but yet we see them as products....animals.....for some even livestock, that night I saw his mother cry his name on my T.V.....it changed something in me....I felt gross, I felt evil, but most of all I felt guilt Altea....I'm so worried about him I can't fucking sleep at night"
Robin states