Chapter 2

I had woken up and dressed in a pair of light jean capris, a pink light purple blouse, and my white high tops. I put my long mouse brown hair into a pony tail and kept my make up light. I was in the common area and it was deadly quiet. I was gonna guess it was due to everyone still sleeping possibly. Mandy was drinking a cup of coffee, clearly not a morning person. I opted for a bottle of water. "You're a freak of fucking nature," she grumbled to me. "It shouldn't be possible to be so cheerful first thing in the morning."

"You're never cheerful Mandy," a man said, using a gloved hand to push his glasses up his nose. He then turned his violet colored eyes to me. "It is nice to meet you Lilly. I'm Simon Law," he introduced. His hair was slicked back, he wore an expensive suit, and had this thick air of confidence around him. "It's nice to meet you as well Simon," I said with a nod and smile. "Out of curiosity, what class are you," he asked me.

"Isn't it enough to know that she is high enough to meet the requirements," Mandy asked him. "I just want to know if she out ranks me, that is all," he said with a wave of his gloved hand. "Why, so you can rub it into her face that you out rank her and that she's beneath you like you do everyone who isn't S rank," Mandy asked with a scoff before taking a drink of her coffee. "At least I didn't try three times in a row and fail," Simon said with a smirk at her. Mandy downed the rest of her coffee and stood abruptly. "Let's go Lilly," she said coldly.

She made her way to the door quickly and I followed after her, Simon's laughter echoing behind us. We then began walking down the hill. "Our job is here in town," she told me simply. I didn't say anything as I looked about, while following her.

"So tell me Princess," Mandy said. "What made you join Crooked Sin?" "My name is Lilly," I corrected. "And I wanted to prove to my father I was better than the E class that he declares I am." "To me, your name is Princess," she told me. "Pissing off your parents is something I can relate too."

I raised my eyebrow at her, "Why Princess? And how so?" "You like to wear pretty dresses and you have manners. The rest of us give no fucks and do as we please. You'll quickly learn that my parents hot shot S class magic users who only ever wanted me to do what they thought was best for me. Reality it wasn't best for me, it was best for their reputation. So I said fuck you to their guild and came to Crooked Sin. After that my parents declared I was never gonna make it to S class with a horrid guild such as this," she shared with me. "I am determined to prove them wrong." "Just because I like wearing dresses and have manners doesn't make me a Princess," I told her. "What part of the S class test did you not pass?" 

Her eyes trailed over me as I spoke. "You're a Princess. Get the fuck over it. And I keep failing the magic written test. Why the fuck should I know things like the differences between magic spells and naturally conjured magic?" "It's because S stands for Supreme, meaning you need to have Supreme knowledge and skills. Not just one or the other," I told her. "Yeah, well, at this rate, I'm never gonna make it to S Class," she muttered while shoving her hands into her pockets. "I fucking suck at studying." 

"Did you ever ask anyone to help you," I asked her curiously. She scoffed, "Fuck no. Simon is an ass, and the other S Class are always off on fucking jobs so they're never at the guild hall." "They don't have to be an S Class to know the things an S Class should. I grew up with my nose in books, I can help you study if you'd like," I offered with a smile. She stopped walking and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Why would you want to help me?" "On top of having manners, I am a nice person," I answered. 

She shook her head, "You really are a freak of nature. Okay Princess, I'll take you up on your offer, but if I fail this time around, I'm fucking blaming you." She then started walking again. "And if you pass you have to stop calling me Princess," I said while following after her. She laughed, "That's not fucking happening. After all, you said you were doing it cause you're nice. Meaning you don't expect shit in return." I looked at her dumbfounded, unable to say anything.