Chapter 4

...Draco? 

'Draco?'

'Yeah?'

'nothing'

I had no clue what to think. The train was nice, at least.

'The train is nice'

Draco looked me in the eye, his ice grey orbs seemingly able to look past my eyes into the depths of my thoughts.

I broke his stare, and slowly looked up and he was still staring.

'So,,, where are we going anyway?'

'oh. the trains going to Hogwarts, my school'

'school?'

I hadn't been to a school since Mali's funeral.

'Yeah, school. We have magic classes though, so don't worry about having to sit through dull muggle classes'

'muggle?'

'yeah, like humans, you know'

'so, what? you're not human?'

'no... I'm a wizard'

As soon as Draco dropped this bombshell the door opened and in walked a girl.

Draco looked up.

'Hi Cho, what's up'

'Two pumpkin pasties please'

Draco seemed to nod with understanding. 

'Here you go' he said, producing the aforementioned pasties from underneath his socks.

Pleased at the outcome, the girl shut the door with a bang and left me alone again with Draco.

'So, Draco, what kind of people are at this magic school?' 

'Well, you'll meet my girlfriend soon, I'm sure that she will like you and help you out'

Draco has a girlfriend? But... some of the weird handholding and piercing eye contact had indicated otherwise. Ah well, I have all year to win him over.

Falling into an uncomfortable silence with Draco, I feel myself getting sleepy. Draco hints that he noticed my constant yawns and shrugs off his jacket and puts it over me as a blanket.

Nodding my thanks at him, I slowly drift asleep, painfully aware of Draco's steady gaze on me.