Chapter 12

Returning to the motel I was exhausted. Mike Harris called everyone's attention to him and jangled a ring of keys in his hand.

'Here are the keys to the rooms. I sure don't care who rooms with who. There are 3 rooms, each with a double bed, a single bed, and a couch. I was only really expecting 9 or less so 3 of you will have to make do with the couch.

With that, Mike separated the ring of keys into three piles and took one for himself from one of the piles. Neville grabbed the next key from that pile, and Ron and Hermione quickly snatched up the last two and the four of them walked off. That left 8 of us. Ana cast a glance towards Harry and Draco, and as I followed her glance I could tell there was tension you could cut with a knife between them. Harry suddenly lurched forward and snatched up a key from one of the stacks, and Draco grabbed the next, almost as if he was possessed. The look on his face betrayed his true thoughts, of confusion, of hurt, of longing. Ana acted fast, dashing forward and swiping the last two keys from the table before Ronnie could get to them.

'Hey! Don't you know who I'm dating! I think I deserve to spend the night with my boyfriend, don't you?'

'Sorry' said Ana, barely looking back, 'but I've already got this key, and the last one's taken too' she adds, deftly tossing the final key to me.

Disgruntled, Ronin takes up the last 4 keys and hands them out.

'Come on. I call dibs on the single bed though.' Ronin headed off in the direction of the rooms, the 3 girls trailing along after him.

I was still standing there shellshocked. Draco and Harry stood rooted to the spot, silent, almost as if they hadn't thought this through and now didn't know how to act. To be honest, they probably hadn't thought it through. And they probably didn't know how to act, even if they had used to date. It was going to be a long night.

Ana grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the room.

'It's important we get there fast'

'Why?'

'Duh, we have to force them to take the double bed'

Did Ana know? Surely she must... After all, she was in the baguette boys band. 

________________________________________________________________________________

a/n this is super short sorry