𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I.

act one : the beginning

Everyone in West Ham knows who Karma Eden Sinclair is

She isn't just some rich preppy kid who had everything handed to her (which in some cases had been the situation), she still managed to crawl to the top thanks to her own efforts.

After winning her first pageant at the age of six, she had everyone turning their heads towards her direction wherever she went. She was a Sinclair, after all. Not only did her parents look like actual supermodels but Melanie and Adam Sinclair practically owned most of West Ham, owning the school and most of the buildings (which the town mostly are in lack of) with their house even almost as big as half the town property, not that they actually stayed in it since they spent most of their time—and money—at work outside of the small area.

You could say she's lived all her life eating on a golden platter, but she never liked getting labeled just as some rich girl. Karma wanted to reach her goals without her parents money or connections. She wanted an empire under her name, not her parents. Although she can't deny she liked how she had a safety net in whatever situation she'd end up tying herself into. See, Karma wasn't just a pageant queen, she's a fighter, too.

When she was in fifth grade, she recalls breaking a boy's nose for calling her best friend, Avery King, a "side chick". Luckily she didn't end up getting expelled because Principal Bingham was her forever, sweet, full of secrets godmother, or maybe because she outsmarted the guidance councilor with her witty replies and excuses.

Karma did not only shine on the stage, but she loved sports as much as answering easy stage questions, earning hearts whenever she would play with Adonis Walker and Gareth Visser on the field. Everyone knew she was probably the most beautiful girl in their school, explains why her locker was always filled with letters and gifts she could never really have the time to open.

Other than her mischiefs and trips to the principals office every now and then—fortunately not all because of physical precautions—she had been an outstanding student, probably inheriting her mother's brain as well as her father's thirst for over achieving.

Although many had wanted her to run for the school's student council president, she didn't have the heart to go against one of her close friends, Cassandra Pressman, at least thats what she says to hide the fact that she simply didn't want the tiring responsibilities—besides, she was busy enough being responsible for three of her best friends who act like a bunch of three-year-olds.

Because of Karma's growing reputation, she was well known and adored by most of the people in her school and in the town, and the one's who didn't simply respected her presence and didn't want to cross her.

Karma never really thought much about it, but she was thankful that no one had the guts to mess with her, and she liked to keep it that way. She'd never admit it, but she would do anything to keep everything she had safe, wether it would be her reputation, family and friends.

She promised she won't let anyone get hurt again.

Little did she know a tidal wave is about to hit them, and they wouldn't even know it.