𝐭𝐞𝐧

[ c h a p t e r t e n ]
the red sea

"She is a wild, tangled
forest with temples and
treasures concealed within,"
- John Mark Green.

"She is a wild, tangledforest with temples andtreasures concealed within,"- John Mark Green

•••

Karma has not awoken.

Miraculously, for some reason, her heart was still beating when they arrived at the hospital. Gordie could not believe his eyes when he saw Cassandra's lifeless body, the girl he had just kissed—the woman he was supposed to be with.

Adonis' mind was at its worst when he had parked the car once he heard a gunshot. His blood ran cold and he assumed the worst. He was white as pale when Gordie met with him at the hospital, carrying not one, but two bodies with him.

Only one of the two hearts were beating.

He operated on Karma's bloody stomach knowing that when he leaves the operating room, Allie had arrived, and her sister would be dead. Kelly rushed once Adonis had called her in for help, but wasn't allowed to touch Karma's pale body with her shaking hands and half-drunk gaze. She had managed to help give Gordie the right equipments, since she was the only one who could understand the boy's medical terms.

Avery ran. She ran until her feet hurt, but she didn't gave a fuck. Her best friend was bleeding and dying and she couldn't care less if she had broken her leg sprinting. Leo was drunk enough to talk, he would only know about this tomorrow, Avery couldn't even imagine how broken he would be if Karma would—she avoided the thought.

The group chat was on fire.

Teenagers, drunk or sober, were all horrified when the news spread like wildfire. A handful of people gathered in the hospital corridor, waiting for answers. Most of them wept for Cassandra, others couldn't handle the truth and their minds rejected the reality of her death, sitting in the metal chairs of the hospital with blank and pale faces.

Everyone there could hear Allie Pressman's screams.

She was crying and kneeling and begging and breaking in front of everyone, punching Will's probably bruised chest, but he was numb to the pain. He couldn't seem to comprehend anything. All he knew was that he had to be there for his best friend.

Cassandra's clothed body was laying in one of the hospital's bed. There was still blood on it, it looked fresh but it was cold. Allie could feel it as she hugged her sister in her prom dress. No one could bear to watch them from outside the glass covered room. Hearing their pain was enough to make chills run down their spines.