𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

[ c h a p t e r e l e v e n ]
ocean eyes

"What matters the most
is how well you walk
through the fire,"
- Charles Bukowski.

"What matters the mostis how well you walk through the fire,"- Charles Bukowski

•••

"Oh shit," Karma says for the second time, almost bumping Jason's car yet at another tree. "My mistake,"

"Drive fucking slow, Karma!" Jason scolds her, but Karma only batted her eyelashes at the poor guy. "I admit I'm a little rusty, alright?" She defends herself.

"Yeah, no shit,"

Jason was supposed to ditch Clark during their night shift if only Karma didn't steal his car and literally kidnap him. He wouldn't tell her that though, knowing she would probably try and blackmail him to tell Clark.

Ericka would probably get mad, but he honestly didn't care that much. Besides, Karma driving to the store might even cost him his life and he probably wouldn't have to make another excuse to tell his girlfriend.

"There he is," Karma parks the car, roughly stepping on the break causing Jason to almost bumps his head straight on the glass if not for his seatbelt. "Just checking if you had your seatbelt on," She sheepishly said.

"You'll be the death of me," Jason mutters.

Clark looked at them in confusion, standing up as Jason gets out of the passenger seat wobbling, looking like he was about to pass out, and Karma who apparently drove all the way here when she was supposed to stay at home.

"Why are you here?" Clark asked the girl who walked past him and stole his seat. "Jason asked me to cover his shift," Clark looked at the other boy for answers, almost about to curse him, but the look on Jason's face showed it was completely a lie.

"It's literally past eight, Karma, go home." He tells her.

Karma didn't listen and took the phone from his hand. She saw the app he was playing was Subway Surfer.

Classic.

"I'm totally going to crush your highest score," She changes the topic, swiftly clicking and playing. As expected, Karma was stubborn when it came to getting what she wanted. "You can't win, dude," Jason only pats Clark's shoulder.

Soon enough, Jason managed to sneak away and go to Ericka when he said he had skipped meal time and had to eat some quick dinner.