𝐬𝐢𝐱

[ c h a p t e r   s i x ]
song of a siren

"Darling, no one's soul is pure,
We're not here to keep things clean."
- cf.

"- cf

•••

"From Luke, Fugitives spotted on Winpool!" Karma grins while telling Jason. He turns to the side of the road and drives fast towards the Winpool as Harry's car followed them.

Karma guessed Allie recieved the text too, but she wasn't going to let anyone get in their way. "They got the text, too. Drive faster." She tells Jason, looking behind them.

Jason snickers, knowing well how competitive the girl could get. "Sure, darling." Whatever Karma wants, Karma gets, so he stepped on the gas and followed her instructions.

"That one!" Karma pointed at a skinny guy who tried to run as fast as he could. Karma opened the door to the car as it was still moving, jumping out to run after the boy.

"You can't run away from me." She mutters beneath her breath while running towards the boy. She jumps at him and laughs, catching the guy. "Sorry 'bout that." She pats his chest.

The boy didn't respond, only blushing at how Karma Eden was literally lying above him. Karma got up and whistled for Jason who came instantly with fake handcuffs. "Okay, now don't look at a lady that way." He taunts the boy who looked down, flustered.

"I-I wasn't—" Jason laughed while throwing him at the backseat. "What do you mean? We all have." He jokes.

Karma punches Jasons shoulders, "Come on! We've got others to catch!" She jumps in her seat as Jason did too, driving off once again. "Fugitive spotted on Maple!" She announces, looking out of her opened window for anyone who might be running.

"Roger that." Jason howls, driving fast.

"There!" Karma points at a person running right in front of them. She noticed Allie and Harry's car just in front of them, so she jumped out of the car as quickly as she could to run after the running fugitive.

Karma, however, blinded with her thirst to capture, hardly noticed another car that had pulled up to catch the running fugitive. In fact, maybe she did, but she simply didn't care.

Right then and there, Clark who was driving the cop car had managed to hit the brakes.

"Karma! Watch out!" Karma looked at Allie who stopped on her tracks, just before feeling a car hit her. Allie gasped, running immediately to the other side of the car where Karma had fallen.

"Fuck! Karma! Karma!" Harry runs as well as Jason who came with a worried expression, muttering profanities under his breath. "What the fuck, Clark?!" He shouts at his friend, pushing him in his chest.