𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

[ c h a p t e r    f o u r t e e n ]
still water

"You can not tell me
I haven't fought this war. I have bled,
my skin scarred, and my heart shattered."
- anonymous.

"- anonymous

•••

Luke throws a bag of hot Cheetos at Dewey's feet, and Grizz rolls a can mountain dew. Not exactly the best thing to eat for brunch.

"Breakfast for Champion. Eat up." Grizz orders him, his hands at his sides. Dewey looks down at the food before him—if was even considered a meal—and looks up to glare at the two boys. "Im lactose intolerant." He informs them harshly.

"Cry me a river," Luke retorts sarcastically, his hands inside his pocket. Adonis had to leave for lunch break, and the two boys had covered for him, although it was really Karma's shift. They still weren't entirely sure that was a good idea, seeing how the girl almost beat him up earlier, but she insisted.

She was Head Guard, and even Allie couldn't stop her.

"I can't eat it, shithead," Dewey seethes, turning to Luke. Footsteps were heard and they all turned around to see Karma carrying a platter of food from the cafeteria.

"That's not a very nice way to talk to someone who brought you breakfast in bed," Karma says, her voice cold.

"What's she doing here?" Greg questions, backing up. "S-She can't guard me, you saw her back there!"

"Not really your decision to make, now is it?" Grizz says tauntingly. Karma grabbed a chair and dragged it inside of the glass compartment. She places the platter of food on it and puts it in front of Dewey who looked skeptical.

"Oh, don't worry. She promised to keep you safe," Luke says, "Maybe,"

"My mom was lactose intolerant. Eat it before I force feed you cheese using my own hands." She orders. "It's what you're getting asshole, so eat it," Luke adds, motioning to the food.

"You're lucky enough she bought you real food," Grizz mumbles, "Guess you're not a champ,"

Greg scoffs, "And what if I don't? What if I starve myself? What are you going to do about it then?" He replies sarcastically.

"Shit I don't know," Grizz acts like he was worried, "Probably not going to do anything, right?" Luke nonchalantly says, shrugging.