𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

[ c h a p t e r    t w e l v e ]
moonlit waves

"Letting go
is not releasing,
it is allowing
what already is."
- page 09.

"- page 09

•••

Avery had her hands wrapped around Karma's shoulder. Earlier that day, they were both talking about how much they missed going out to watch movies, so when they heard Kelly tell Allie that Elle had suggested a fun movie night, the both of them made sure that everything would be set for tonight.

Kelly had thanked Avery for her efforts, and Karma for getting permission from a skeptical Allie.

"It's a good thing we're going there before people start to come so we could take some good seats," Avery tells the people inside the car. Leo was driving, while Adonis sat on the passengers seat. Karma huddled beside Avery who wore her most comfortable hoodie.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to sit beside people snogging all night long," Leo agrees with her. Adonis snorts, "That's hypocritical." He says with a smug look on his face. Leo glares at him, purposely stepping on the break harshly since Adonis wasn't buckled with a seatbelt.

Karma chuckled at the both of them and hopped out of the car when Leo had parked a few steps away from the church. They were going to hold the movie night there, since it was in the middle of the town and everyone could easily go there from their homes. Other than that, it was the only place they didn't think someone would pull a gun.

Well, except the time when Campbell did that one night.

Guns pointed at Karma didn't faze her anymore. Maybe it was because she literally got shot and survived, or it was the fact that she was numb to the pain and the fear.

"The Princess Bride," Karma reads the poster outside the church. "I used to hate the kid a lot,"

"Marriage is what brings us togetha!" Leo mimicked a line from the movie, then proceeds to walk inside the church.

A few minutes later, the rest of the Guard had arrived with Allie, and they stationed at the doors to check everyone before they get inside. Karma was beside Grizz who opened the bags to check each of them for guns or any kind of weaponry. Sooner, a lot of people had began taking their seats inside.

"Hey," Jasmine approached them, Grizz took her bag politely with a smile and checked it. "Hey," Karma replied with a smile. Jasmine was one of the many people she thanked for taking care of her house while she was at the hospital. The raven haired girl did not mind, saying almost everyone did what they can to help keep it tidy and clean. She even proposed to help with Christmas decorations if they near winter.