𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

[ c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n ]
cake by the ocean

"A bit of madness
is key,"
- anonymous.

"A bit of madnessis key,"- anonymous

•••

"Jesus Christ. Grizz, where the fuck have you been?" Luke scolds the boy who jogged towards them. Karma has been laughing for ten minutes, looking at all the nervous' boys' faces. "I slept through my alarm," Grizz says with an apologetic tone. Karma chuckles, not really minding the boy's tardiness.

"Pre-dawn raid means pre-dawn!" Luke tells him with his hands motioning. "I know!" Grizz replies repeatedly. "Yeah, man, it's like post-dawn right now." Jason adds, looking up the sky.

Karma laughs, and Adonis gave her a look, "Yeah, okay, okay, I shouldn't be laughing."

"Can we just do this?" Clark says annoyed, then showing his gun. The boys backed away a little, shocked and eyes wide. "Woah, what the fuck is that, Clark?" Luke questions him.

Karma began laughing again, what the hell is happening?

"It's a gun." He sarcastically replies, "Yeah, No shit, we can see that." Leo shots back. It was cold outside, and all of them had worn dark colors for some reason, although Karma would've wanted to wear red for this occasion. The reason? She didn't know. Jason offered his extra hoodie, and she has been wearing it for a while now.

It was around 5 AM, and they should've started thirty minutes ago when it was a lot darker, but she didn't mind. Adonis had asked her if it was alright for her to come, making sure that she was going to be alright—considering they were catching the man who is suspected to have shot her. She shrugged, determined to come. After all, she was the Head Guard.

"Where'd you get it?" Adonis asked Clark with his eyebrows furrowing. "Gordie gave it to me." Clark explains nonchalantly.

"Good idea. We might need it." The boys looked at Karma weirdly, as if she was planning something evil in her mind while saying those words. She looks back at them, "What? it's true." She defended.

"This weirdo shot someone, okay? We can't go in unarmed." Clark states pointing at the house with his gun. "Have you had it here this whole time?" Jason asks hesitantly.

"Yes, bro. Relax." Clark retorts. "Do you even know how to use it?" Grizz asks him and Clark rolls his eyes, cocking the gun to the sky, "I mean how hard could it be?"

"God—just give that to me." Karma snatches the gun away a little too harshly and the boys back away once again, yelling 'woah, careful!' She grins, chuckling, "I know how to use it, take a chill pill."