𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

[ c h a p t e r    s e v e n ]
conspiring with the sea

"First we feel. Then we fall,"
- James Joyce.

 Then we fall,"- James Joyce

•••

"I taught him how to swim. He was the son of my mom's medical partner," Karma spoke while looking at a boy's face in a huge poster hanging inside the hall.

Kelly had approached Cassandra and suggested to proceed with Prom, and Cassandra had texted Karma if Avery and her were available to work on it along with Grizz and Kelly.

Karma, who originally was also part of the Prom committee, from designing everything in a sheet of paper, that had to to quit the committee because of the school play, was glad to hear about Prom.

She thought it was a good idea, telling Kelly that she was a smartass, making Kelly blush, and said thanks to the girl.

Although Harry and Karma were best friends, she and Kelly weren't the closest. They have had their conversations and laughs, and they both knew they clicked, but Karma had her own group of friends and so did Kelly, so they rarely had any time to spend together.

"There's cake in the fridge," Gwen, who was also there, told them and pointed at the back of the hall where the fridge was. "It's seen better days, but could make a nice centerpiece."

"Ah, yes." Kelly smiled at the girl, "The traditional blue and silver prom cake,"
Kelly thanked Gwen before she left.

Karma turned to Grizz who was looking around the whole place. "So you designed this?" Grizz asked her, looking at the silver and blue designs.

"It only took her a few minutes to design, too," Avery spoke, "During biology, at that."

Karma chuckles, "I drew it, yeah, but Kelly made it possible," She smiled at Kelly who returned it.

"Everything's already so good, what should we do?" Grizz asked Kelly, touching the tables.

"Um, nothing much, really. We can just maybe make invitations, and also finish setting up the wires for the DJ," Kelly told them and Grizz nodded.

"Yeah, I can do the invitations, I've already made a layout and all I need is to print those bad boys." Avery offered.

"I can do the heavy lifting, there's not much to rearrange there anyway," Karma told them. Grizz shook his head, "Nope, you're not doing any lifting while you're injured."

"I literally only have a busted lip." Karma argues.

Grizz turns to Kelly, ignoring her. "I'll ask Leo to help me carry some of the stuff up and finish the backdrops."