𝐨𝐧𝐞

[ c h a p t e r   o n e ]
before the waves

"before the chaos, there was peace.
for we do not know chaos, if we did not know peace."

•••••

•••••

Karma tries to make her way through the ocean of people in the middle of the auditorium halls, trying to avoid bumping parents or running children along the way.

People wearing different costumes have been herding the whole entryway that she couldn't see beyond the gap of the cream colored walls. She softly cursed underneath her breath, starting to feel sweaty from how warm it was getting due to the crowd.

Karma slowly removed her black leather jacket, leaving her with a white haltered tank top.

Almost as if it were a miracle, Cassandra Pressman who was wearing her costume, pressed herself in the middle of the crowd, creating a gap as she apologetically smiles at everyone while making her way through, towards the brunette.

Karma smiles cheekily at her and meets Cassandra in the middle, "There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Cassandra speaks, meeting Karma's eyes and then looks at her frame and frowns.

"Christ, you haven't changed into your costume yet." Karma sheepishly smiles at Cassandra's remark.

"My alarm didn't went off, and I kinda overslept." She replies.

It might be odd to hear that she was asleep so late in the afternoon, but Karma spent hours from early morning until almost dinner time designing the whole stage, including dry painting the props they weren't able to finish the day before. She mentally noted that she had to kick Leo's ass for leaving town unexpectedly and all the hard work he had left behind landed on her hands.

Luckily for her, Adonis and the football team came carrying materials out of nowhere. She figured that Will must've asked her best friend to help Karma do the lifting and painting. What an Angel he sure was.

Cassandra quickly grabs Karma's wrist and leads her to the dressing room. "Okay. You get dressed, I'll go find Harry and Kelly."

Cassandra swiftly runs her hand on the clothes displayed on a long rack of costumes, landing the tips of her fingers on one particular red medieval dress, taking it out of the bunch and throwing it towards Karma.

"I thought my dress was supposed to be Blue," She looks at the blonde in confusion.

"Well, I thought you'd be here an hour ago. Guess we don't always get what we want." Cassandra smirks, "Besides, Avery came by a few minutes ago and took the blue one. Said it makes her eyes pop."

Karma shakes her head and rolls her eyes, remembering the bickering she had with Avery earlier this morning. "Where is she, anyway?" Karma asks while entering one of the cubicles.