𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

[ c h a p t e r f o u r ]
bullets in the water

"In the end, even stars choose destruction over life,"

•••

Karma was sitting next to Helena at the front rows. Avery took a seat on her left, while Leo and Adonis sat behind the three girls.

Helena have been trying to dial her boyfriend for a few minutes now, biting on to her nails as she waits, staring worriedly at her phone. "Anything?" Cassandra asks Helena.

"He's not answering," Helena replies.

"Neither is Grizz," Avery says, lifting her phone that was still dialing Grizz. Karma ran her fingers through her hair, a habit she picked up whenever she was stressed or frustrated. Harry looked at her momentarily before facing Helena.

"They must be headed back here." Harry speaks, "Thats why he wanted us together."

"Yeah, Harry's right. He wouldn't make us gather all in one place without a reason." Leo speaks, his arms inside the pockets of his blue hoodie.

Adonis, who seemed half-asleep, nodded his head in agreement. Karma didn't even notice Clark and Jason sitting right beside them, she guessed they must've arrived late.

"So fast. Twelve hours. Maybe they found something," Kelly speaks beside Elle.

"Or maybe they found nothing. Why wouldn't he say if it was good news?" Helena talks back. Karma crossed her legs, trying to figure out what must've caused them to ask for a meeting.

"Listen." Cassandra started to speak, "Hey, listen up." She stood from her seat, trying to silence the people gathered inside the church.

It annoyed Karma how others continued to speak, dismissing Cassandra, so she stood up from her seat as well, the palm of her hand leaning on the chair as she looked at the noisy teenagers behind her.

"She said listen the fuck up." Anyone could hear the annoyance in her voice, and people immediately stopped talking amongst themselves. She ran her gaze at all of them, nodding when everyone had chosen to listen.

She sat back down and nodded at Cassandra to keep going.

"Yeah, okay, While we're all here, together, there are some things that we ought to figure out." Cassandra announces loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Before we rip this place apart and maybe, you know, start hurting each other." She continues, "I don't know what the hell is going on. Maybe Luke will come back with some good news."

"Maybe? Of course he will." Elle spoke from behind Cassandra.

"Yeah, why don't we just wait and see, Cassandra?" Harry taunts the girl.