𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

DRACO'S REACTION WAS IMMEDIATE

He jerked back, let his arms fall away and leaned back onto his palms to put some distance between them.

His eyes had lost the glazed, tired look in them and were suddenly calculating.

Elara didn't move an inch, meeting his eyes, steadily, as he looked up at her, his jaw clenching.

"So that's why you came." He scoffed, looked away before meeting her eyes once again. "Come to be Saint Potter's lawyer, have you? How sweet. Is he paying you by getting between your legs?"

Elara flinched, took a step back, her chest twisting. "You don't have to be so rude -"

"I don't?" Draco laughed and it froze Elara's blood over with its frigidity. "I think I have every right, seeing as you've come here to defend -"

"I'm not defending anybody!" Elara shot back, reaching for him again. He twisted his shoulder away. "I just want to know what happened -"

"Who told you that I used the Cruciatus Curse?" Draco demanded, briefly gripping the sheets underneath his hands before releasing them. "Potter? He's always had it out to get me -"

"You've always had it out to get him!"

" - why the fuck would you believe him? Unless he's got you wrapped around his dick -"

Elara exhaled, sharply, through her teeth. "You're being an absolute git right now, Draco -"

"Then, by all means, leave!" Draco exclaimed, frustrated. "I won't stop you."

Elara clenched her fists. "You are unbelievable." She snatched her bag up from the floor and shouldered it, taking a few steps away before thinking better of it and rounding on him again. "It was a simple yes or no question!"

"And what if I say yes?" Draco hissed, getting to his feet. He towered over her, irises swirling with animosity. "What if I did use an Unforgivable on him? Then what?"

Elara bit down on her lip to stop herself from saying something dumb. Draco caught the movement, flexed his hand by his side like he always did when he was trying not to lose control.

"Are you going to report me?" he demanded, stepping closer. Elara moved back but he kept coming closer, prowling towards her like a panther. "Are you going to be a little bitch and fucking snitch on me?"

"Harry would tell them before I do," Elara said, faintly, barely registering that it was her own voice speaking.

Draco halted in his tracks for a second before half-laughing, half-scoffing. "Fucking hell. You and Potter are perfect for each other. He's a Seeker in Quidditch, isn't he?" He reached out, seized her arm and drew her closer. "Well, you're the fucking Snitch."

"So you did use it," Elara concluded, wincing at his tight hold on her arm. "You used the Cruciatus on him."

"And it would've worked," Draco hissed at her, one hand tangling in her hair to yank her head back and force her to look up at him. "If that's what you're wondering. I meant it."