𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

DRACO WAS SEETHING

DRACO WAS SEETHING.

Elara could see it even from where she was, watching with wide eyes as his hand flexed, repeatedly, by his side, like he was trying not to storm over there and ram his fist into Paul's face multiple times.

Elara silently begged him not to as her blood rushed in her ears, Paul continuing to kiss her neck, one hand sliding to the back of her dress.

A muscle in Draco's jaw twitched and she saw him clench his hand into a fist, take half a step forward and then stop short.

He looked away from her, seeming to compose his thoughts, barely restrained.

Paul moved to her jaw.

Then, Draco dragged his eyes back, still swirling with rage, and flexed his hand one last time by his side before turning and vanishing.

Elara jolted into movement, shoving Paul off her. He stumbled back, startled, and she sent him an apologetic look, already picking up the skirt of her dress to make it easier to move.

"I'm sorry. I can't," she rushed to say before taking off after Draco, as fast as she could in her heels.

She knew where he was going as soon as he turned into the corridor that stretched away from the ballroom.

By the time she'd climbed the stairs of the Astronomy Tower, Elara's feet were aching.

Draco was standing by the railing, gripping it on either side, his head bent.

She took a step forward, swallowing the knot in her throat to try and get the words out. "You have no right to be mad at me."

He scoffed, not startled by her presence, and didn't turn to face her. But when he spoke, his voice was rough.

"I'm not mad at you."

"You have absolutely no right -" Elara stopped herself, surprised. "What?"

He took a deep breath, pushed off the railing and turned to face her, leaning back against it, his arms crossed over his chest, shoulders relaxed. "I said I'm not mad at you."

Elara stared at him, speechless and suddenly flustered. "Oh." She stared at his impassive face and turned to leave, gripping the railing of the staircase. "Okay then, I'll just -"

"Don't you dare leave." The dominance in his voice made her pause before she swiveled around again. "Come here."

Elara shivered at his tone - but played it off due to the weather - and took tentative steps towards him, not wanting to get too close.

He watched her come closer with sharp eyes, dragging his gaze up and down her, languidly, his ankles crossed. When she was within reaching distance of him, she stopped.

He quirked an eyebrow at her. "Awfully far away."

She ran her hands up and down her bare arms, the breeze coasting by. "I don't particularly want to be hexed today."