𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

HE REGRETTED IT

HE REGRETTED IT.

Elara turned her head to look at him, still flushed from what they'd just done, her stomach sinking.

He was already sitting on the edge of the bed, reaching for his wand and summoning a pile of clothes from his dresser, wordlessly.

Elara's mind reeled. Was he really kicking her out? After everything he had just said over the past few hours?

Dazed, she took the shirt he handed to her and sat up to slip it on, the soft green material brushing the tops of her knees. Her hands shook as she pulled her hair into a messy knot at the base of her neck, trying to form a coherent sentence in her brain.

Draco was dressed now - in pajama pants and a loose white shirt. He'd already cast a Cleaning Charm on the both of them - Elara hadn't registered when.

"I don't appreciate being used." The phrase fell from her lips even before she'd formed it in her mind. Why was her brain so sluggish?

Draco was making her go insane.

He froze at her words from where he was about to move off the bed. Elara forced her sore muscles into action, trying to ignore her bruised ego, and went to collect her clothes from the floor, refusing to cry.

She should've expected it - should've expected that he'd say all the things she wanted to hear just so he could get a quick fuck out of it.

Had she actually thought he cared?

She almost scoffed at herself as she moved to pick up her heels but a sharp tug at her elbow had her dropping the bundle of clothes and she found herself tucked into a very warm, familiar chest.

"I'm not using you." His voice was rough in her ear, his hands sliding underneath the shirt he'd given her to rest on her sides, his thumbs gliding over her lowest rib. She fit nicely in his hands.

"Then why are you asking me to leave?" Her voice had a tremor in it, despite her efforts to hide it. It was the post-sex hormones - they were making her unnecessarily emotional.

"Because - " He pulled back so she wasn't pressed into his chest anymore and looked down at her, silver eyes reflecting the shower of starlight above them as another supernova burst. "I thought - you wouldn't want to stay."

Elara wondered if he would ever believe that she didn't care about how his father was a Death Eater or that he was part of one of the wealthiest pureblood families in the Wizarding World.

It seemed to be so embedded into him that he questioned her at every step, still expected her to hate him.

Elara stared straight at his chest, acutely aware of his thumbs sliding over her bare skin in comforting circles. "I do."

Draco looked at her for a moment longer, seeming like he was waiting for her to add a 'but'. Then she lifted her eyes to his and he seemed to register that she had finished her sentence. He exhaled a breath - as if he'd been holding it in. "Thank fuck."