𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

"SHE'S KIND OF WEIRD

"SHE'S KIND OF WEIRD."

Elara hummed, distracted, her eyes skimming over the parchment in front of her. "Is she?"

Amelia nodded, vigorously. "She's always doing these strange things. The other day, I went to find her because she'd missed Charms and she was trying to feed a slice of apple pie to the Giant Squid."

Elara let out a soft laugh. "She is a Ravenclaw after all. We tend to be a bit..."

"Weird?" Amelia offered, helpfully and Elara smiled with a shake of her head.

"We just don't see why we should follow rules," she corrected, fondly.

"Yes, well, whatever it is - I love her," Amelia beamed. "I'm so glad you made us be friends, Ellie. Lucy's my bestest friend now."

"I'm glad - Ames, did you do this essay all on your own?"

Amelia nodded. "Yeah. Why?"

Elara went over the lines again, looking for a mistake. Finding none, she sat back, dropping the quill. "Because it's perfect. There's not one mistake."

"Really?" her little sister squealed. "Oh, thank Merlin. George said I'd fail Transfiguration for sure."

Elara rolled her eyes. "Of course he did. But really - there's nothing wrong with this. I'm pleasantly surprised. You sure you did this all on your own?"

Amelia flushed pink, ducking her head, and Elara clicked her tongue, tilting her chin back up. "Alright - spill it. Who helped you?"

Her younger sister looked sheepish, chewing on her lower lip. "You won't like it."

Elara stared at her. Who could help Amelia in Gryffindor that she wouldn't like?

Oh, Merlin, don't let it be Fletcher -

"You know that boy in Slytherin?"

Elara jerked out of her thoughts, blinking. "What? Who?"

Even as she said it, it dawned on her and she shut her eyes.

She was going to kill him.

"The tall, blond one," Amelia went on, oblivious to Elara's reaction. "I think his name is Malfoy? That's what I call him anyway."

Elara exhaled, loudly, and opened her eyes. "And how in the world did he decide to help you?"

"I was crying - I couldn't finish the essay on time because I'd been out all day with Lucy - with the Thestrals, you know. It takes an awful long time to get them to cry and we had just collected some tears when -"

"Ames."

"Sorry. Well, I was crying here in the library and he was passing by. He saw me crying and asked if I was your sister." She scrunched her petite nose. "I found it awfully rude. There I was, sobbing, and he didn't even ask if I was okay!"