𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

THE NOTE WAS SIMPLE

THE NOTE WAS SIMPLE.

AT at 8.

She'd slipped it across to him during Potions the next week, watched him freeze as she did so.

She couldn't risk talking - Slughorn was giving them a quiz and wouldn't tolerate even a whisper.

Draco unfurled the note, his eyes skimming across it. His other hand tightened over his quill before his head bent.

He scratched something out onto the note and pushed it back across the table to her.

Fifth years.

Elara cursed, internally. If the Astronomy Tower was taken by fifth years, it meant they'd probably have it for the rest of the year until the O.W.L.S. It would be increasingly difficult to meet there.

Library? she scribbled back.

He read it, impassively.

A moment later, she received the small slip of paper back.

Slytherin common room at 11.

She was going to scribble back that that was past curfew and she didn't see how he could sneak her into the Slytherin common room but Slughorn bellowed that time was up and Accio-d all the quizzes.

Draco was the first on his feet, shouldering his bag, and leaving the classroom, joined by Nott and Pansy by the door.

Elara's quill snapped in her fist when she saw Pansy reach up to brush something off Draco's cheek and take his arm to wrap it around her shoulders as they walked out.

"Yikes," Indigo was at Elara's desk, nodding at her broken quill. "Want me to repair that?"

|

The Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff started at four in the afternoon.

Elara only went because Fred and George were playing and Freya had promised they'd sit together.

"Freya," Elara said as Hufflepuff scored another goal and the crowd around them roared. "I think I'm going to quit Quidditch."

Freya had been clapping, enthusiastically, but she turned to stare at Elara now, her eyes wide. "What?"

Elara lifted her shoulder, casually. "I don't think I want to play anymore."

"Elara, you're the best Chaser -"

"There's Allison," Elara cut her off, watching as Fred dodged a Bludger. "She's just as good."

"You've been playing for years!" Freya said, raising her voice to be heard over the din around them. "Why do you want to stop?"

"It doesn't make me happy anymore," Elara said, her eyes catching Harry diving suddenly. He seemed to have caught sight of the Snitch. "It's become a chore."