a friend to all, is a friend to none

The last time Draco had been to Emersyn's house was probably summer before 4th year. After the dark lord returned, fathers business was always done at the his house.

To his surprise the manor was quiet, no sign of a birthday party.

His tattoo burned as he placed his hand over it.

He knew Voldemort has been there.
Fuck

He walked in and was immediately greeted by Emersyn's mum, he could tell that she had been crying,
"Where is she?" He snapped at her, wand in his hand. He new she had nothing to do with this but he was angry. She jumped when he started yelling a her, "Where!" His own mum was stuck in the same circumstances as Mrs. Osborne. She loved her husband so much. So much that they would sacrifice their own child for the dark lord.

Suddenly, Mr. Osborne came down the staircase, he smelt the fire whiskey on his breath from a mile away,

"Ahh, Mr. Draco Malfoy. Here to pick up, Emersyn? Her ceremony finished about an hour ago, it was a long one!"

"You! YOU. You promised!" Suddenly his wand was at her best friends fathers throat, "Where is she." he demanded to the coward, "WHERE! Don't make me ask again!"

He smirked to him, knowing Draco wouldn't do anything to him.

"Now, now Draco. You wouldn't to kill me, hm? The Dark lord wouldn't like that."

Draco dropped his wand, he was right. He wasn't here for him anyways and he was wasting time and brain cells talking to the prick.

He ran up the stairs shouting her name, "Em! Em? Emersyn?"

He opened the door to each room and peeped his head in. No one. Nothing.

At the end of the hall was a door with an E on it. Probably her room.

He knocked, no answer. "Em? Emersyn. I'm coming in. It's Draco." he was nervous to see the state she was in, or wasn't.

He walked into her room. It was just how he remembered it. She had a big book shelf next to a desk and royal blue and gold vanity that showcased a huge mirror. Her walls were decorated with pictures of her childhood, mostly of her and her brother before he passed away. She had photos from Hogwarts of her friends. She looked so happy in those photos. He wished he was nicer to her during the school year so she had more pictures of them. He noticed some photos of them together on her wall and he smiled at the fact that she kept those up all these years.

" Emersyn?"He kept shouting for her,

There was a trail of blood from the bathroom to the balcony.

He stepped outside and called for her. He noticed the lights on the garage.

Emersyn, I am so sorry.

He made his way outside to the garage where he heard loud music was blaring from the speakers.
He found her there working out. She was running on the treadmill.

Her family had a nice little home gym. The osbornes weren't filthy rich like this family was but, they had good money. The gym probably hadn't been used in a few months since she had been gone but it was definitely being used right now.

"Emersyn!" he yelled over the music to her, "Em!"

He flared his arms up and down. Her breathing was heavy when she stopped the treadmill. She walked past him and grabbed her water bottle.

"What are you doing here? New charity case?"

"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine."

She was wearing one of her brothers old hoodies and was sweating through it. He noticed she was bleeding under a fresh bandage located on her arm.