when you are young, they assume you know nothing

-———-
DRACO
--------
Another two weeks had passed since Emersyn's birthday and the night of her becoming a Death Eater.

Draco was beyond stressed. Physically and mentally he took it out on his best friend.

For some reason, they both wanted to fucking ruin each other. It was back to the way they were when they were kids, only now they had sex.

He was toxic. She was willing.

A match made in hell.

He started thinking about how he was going to fulfill his task of killing the headmaster without compromising Emersyn's safety. He couldn't think of anything besides not telling her exactly what was happening. He didn't want her to get hurt.

As soon as they got back to the castle, he was able to pick her brain apart over the Vanishing Cabinet.

She had to know of some type of spell or magic that could point them in the right direction.

He noticed how busy she was trying to get back to getting top remarks in her classes.

For some insane reason, she asked professors for a retake of her first exams and they all surprisingly said yes.

Just like that, Emersyn was back to being in the top ten of the class. He did not know how she managed to do it, but she did.

He glanced over at her as they were walking on prefect rounds outside, she was pointing at the trees talking about how beautiful they were now that they are at the end of the season.

She looked exceptionally gorgeous with her scarf  tossed over her shoulder and her blonde hair tucked into a low bun. He loved every part of her.

But, he still couldn't risk loving her how she wanted. She was going to be heartbroken at the end of all of this. No matter what the decision was.

It was almost the Christmas season. The first trip to Hogsmede was next week. They spent many hours in the Room of Requirement fighting with each other over the cabinet. They got closer to mending it but it wasn't complete. Time was running out.

"Why are we fixing this stupid fucking thing anyways!" she spat at him, turning the other way towards the fireplace to keep warm.

It had been a long day working on the cabinet and going to classes, then back to work on the cabinet. They were frustrated with each other. They both had not slept in a few days.

"I was chosen for this," he sighed and walked towards the dark brown and red brick fireplace next to her. He was wearing his school uniform but it was untucked and messy. His blonde hair was unruly and he was thin.

"I know, Draco. But Wh"-

"No, you fucking don't! You don't know!"
Don't lose your cool

We have to fix this stupid thing to let the other Death Eaters in.."

"What? But why,"  she threw her head back and groaned

"Because I have to kill Dumbledore."

"What?"

"I don't know, Emersyn! You're asking too many fucking questions. What do you think we have been trying to fucking figure out here!" he yelled at her, his grueling voice was scaring her and he knew it. His eyes gave her a pleading look as tears started to form in her eyes.

Instead of crying, she decided to scream back at him, "This is all so fucked. You're just a boy. We are just fucking kids. I don't want to be apart of any of this!"

Draco sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, he sat down on the couch next to some Defense against the Dark Arts textbooks and put his head in his lap,
m
"We don't have a choice, Em. We never have."

She kicked the cabinet out of frustration and speckles of dust came off it. They were quiet for a few minutes when she turned her heels around to talk, her wand was bouncing back and forth in her hands,

"What if we.. you just... do it... another way then the Death Eaters won't have to come here. I have no idea how we are supposed to fix this thing anyway. I'll have to search for the restricted section of the library tonight or something."

He scoffed at her comment, "It's not like we can just tell him that we couldn't do it, Emersyn."

"Well, there's got to be a way somehow!" she scoffed back at him, he could tell she was exhausted.

"Emersyn. You're a bloody genius!" he rushed up quickly and manically pressed his lips to hers, "You're so smart. I gotta go."

Draco threw his coat on and muffled the spell, heading towards the door. Ironically enough he was going to where the other side of  Vanishing Cabinet was.

Emersyn followed him, rushing to keep up with his pace. Her brows furrowed as she questioned him anxiously,

"What? Draco. Go where?"

"I just have to go get something."

"Can I come with you?"

"No."

"When will you be back?"

He knew she needed reassurance or else she would spiral out of control. If he didn't answer some of her questions, she would lose her shit when he was gone.

Fuck, I can't risk taking her with me.

"Don't worry about it. You just stay here at the castle and don't tell anyone that I left, okay?" He turned around and took her head into hands, pulling her in for a kiss of reassurance.

"Please get some rest. I will come find you when I get back." his fingers stroked her exhausted skin on her face,

She had been doing so good this past week, despite everything that happened following her birthday. No anxiety attacks, no panic, no nightmares.

It made him sad knowing that the death mark was the reason it all stopped.

She had to fully let Voldemort in.

Manipulation. Sounds familiar.

"Please be safe." her words peeped softly from her mouth against his, he kissed her again.

Just say something that will keep her grounded, for now at least. She needs it.

"I'll come back to you, Emersyn. I always will."