Part Five

The airport had been crowded enough that the boys had immediately circled around me and formed a barrier so that we could get through without anyone even jostling me.

The size had been a surprise and I had been anxious with the press of everyone around us but when they’d led me outside, I hadn’t been able to contain my squeal of surprise.

North had stepped up behind me and covered my eyes shortly before the others had moved from in front of me to reveal a gleaming black stretch hummer, “Had to get us something better to ride in then a pansy ass limousine,” he had whispered in my ear before he released me so that I could run toward it and thank the nice driver before I dove into it, leaving the boys standing on the side walk.

The interior of it was as decked out as what the plane had been and for one split second I couldn’t help but panic over the financial cost but Gabe and Luke laughingly trying to force their way inside had my attention shifting and I was giggling as Gabe started to swear as they realised they were both stuck.

“What the fuck are you two doing?” I heard North growl beyond them and Luke hung his head and Gabe tried to look back at the others, “We’re fucking stuck, that’s what’s wrong, asshole.”

“Seriously, Mr Coleman?” Mr Blackbourne’s exasperated voice nearly had me in complete stitches but when I saw Gabe narrowing his eyes at me, I swallowed them back down and tried to adopt a sympathetic expression.

Gabe and Luke jerked slightly and I saw panic in their eyes before they were both yanked back and out onto the hard path.

Sean poked his head in next and grinned at me and shot a quick look around at the impressively huge space in the car before he climbed in and almost sat in my lap, pushing me toward the window, “Looks like I’ll have you all to myself for this road trip,” he sent me a cheeky wink and I blushed and waited as the others all climbed in; commenting on the car and laughing at Luke and Gabe as they impatiently waited until last to find a seat.

“Do you like it, Princess?” Victor asked and I turned to find him staring at me with a smile, in fact, they were all sending me grins.

Another quick look around and I flashed a mega-watt smile, “Of course I do. I just wish that you wouldn’t spend money on me like this.”

“No,” Nathan pointed at me and I frowned in confusion, “You didn’t put price restrictions on this when you made it a condition after the Anderson incident.”

“That’s right, Baby,” North jumped in, “You’re not allowed to begin worrying about money over the next two days.”

“But…” I protested but Mr Blackbourne cut in, “Miss Sorenson, everything is already paid for so there is no point in impinging upon your enjoyment of the weekend.”

I sighed and pushed a finger to my lip before Sean caught it and pulled it away, “None of that, Pookie.”

“Mr Calisle,” Victor called out and the partition rolled down so that we could all see the back of the driver’s head.

“Yes, Mr Morgan?”

“To the house, please.” Victor sent me a wink.

“Of course, Mr Morgan,” the barrier went back up and I felt the rumble of the car as the engine started and we began to wind our way out of the airport car park.

The drive was uneventful and I spent it in almost complete silence as I pressed my nose the wind and clutched at Sean’s hand so that we could point out the different sights to one another. It was an absolutely beautiful city and I loved the contrast that I was able to see between Charleston and Atlanta.

As we got further to the edges of the city, the scenery changed and the smaller apartment blocks turned into larger estates, although none of them matched the overwhelming spectacle of Victor’s mansion.

Finally, the car changed direction and we started down a long drive and I wanted to gasp as I caught sight of the house. It was like a massive two-storey cabin with its dark walls and creeping vines; it and the gardens that decorated the front of the property screamed home to me and I almost couldn’t wait until the car stopped before I was out of the door.

My eyes flicked over each foot of the house and I clapped with excitement, “This is amazing.” I turned to the boys, “We’re really going to spend the weekend here?”

They all looked at me with differing levels of indulgence and Silas moved forward to wrap a massive arm around me, “We’ll be sleeping here, Aggele, but other than that, we won’t be here very much.”

“That’s right, Sang,” Kota stepped up on my other side and took a firm hold of my hand, “We’ve got a busy weekend planned.”

He looked back at his brothers before staring down at me, “You don’t mind that it’s going to be crowded, do you?”

I laughed up at him, “Of course not, silly.”

Turning away and knowing that none of them would let me help unload the luggage, I sprinted off for the front door where I turned to lean against it. It wouldn’t take them long to catch up and I figured I could use a breather before the real fun began.