Part Sixteen

I was warm.

My eyes fluttered open in the morning light and I noticed slow and steady movement from behind me; a light snore and I smiled sleepily as I recognised Silas’ scent surrounding me. His arm was shoved under my head and each time I blinked, my eyelashes flickered over his skin.

I reached out and my hand pressed against skin. I forced the fog from my vision and huffed out a soft breath as I caressed Gabriel’s slack face with my eyes.

He shifted and I suddenly felt his hand press against my bare stomach. It caused me to suck in a sharp gasp; I didn’t want to wake them but I knew that anymore and I would be squirming.

My movements remained slow and deliberate as I slipped out of Silas’ embrace and lowered Gabe’s hand to the mattress.

I wriggled until I slipped off the end of the bed. My footsteps no noise as I exited the room and used the shared bathroom to perform the usual morning ablutions.

Stillness and silence filled the house but I quietly enjoyed how the light filtered through the numerous windows. I still couldn’t believe that I was standing in a borrowed house with guys on our first holiday together.

Almost skipping down the stairs in North’s shirt and a pair of sleep shorts, I smiled happily.

Yesterday had been fabulous and I knew that the day with Kota, Silas and Victor was going to be just as wonderful.

I finally reached the kitchen and frowned, looking around with confusion as I realised that no one was awake.

For the first time ever, I was the first one up.

How long had they been celebrating the night before?

I tried to think back to when Silas and Gabe had slipped in with me but all I could pick up on was a blurry memory of their sad faces all staring down at me.

A dream?

Looking at the clock over the dining room door, I smiled at the time. Only 7:30 a.m. but it was still considered a late sleep in for my Academy boys.

I quickly decided to make breakfast since I was actually starving and I didn’t want to wake them all up in my search for Luke. He’d volunteered to cook most of the meals for the three days but I had the time and it had been a long time since I’d had the opportunity to just putter around the kitchen.

I found the switch for the small radio and tuned it until I found some music that I could dance around to.

I twirled, bumped and swayed as I rocketed from one side of the room to the other as I emptied the fridge and prepared enough food for nine large and extremely voracious boys.

I had just finished shimmying my way around the kitchen breakfast bench when a loud wolf whistle sounded.

I dropped the egg flip, startled and jerked around to find myself under intense scrutiny from the others as they squished in the doorway with their arms crossed, wearing various different expressions. Some were obvious like amusement and affection and others, darker ones, just confused me and I worried that they thought I was being stupid.

“Morning,” I whispered, lifting a nervous finger to my mouth.

Sean yawned and shoved the others out of the way so that he could saunter over and wrap me up in a warm hug, “Morning Pookie.”

“Something smells good, Aggele Mou,” Silas announced and I giggled, pleased with the familiar statement. He was always hungry.

“Why didn’t you wake us up to help, Baby?” North asked, stalking over and pulling me away from Sean so that he could press a kiss to my forehead.

“I was enjoying being the first one up for once,” I answered him, moving of so that I could hug anyone who wanted one. Which, of course, meant all of them except Mr Blackbourne who just sent me his trademark smile before heading off to begin setting the table.

I pulled the warming food from the oven and handed it over to Victor as he stepped up to help.

I tried to grab drinks and other bits and pieces but the boys weaved in between me to leave me emptied handed and bemused.

Arms snaked around my waste and I leaned back into Gabriel as he buried his face in my hair, “Why didn’t you come hang with us last night?”

I sighed and caressed his arms, “You looked like you were all having so much fun.” I smiled, “It looked like a true boy’s night.”

He grumped, “Silly and cute.” He kissed my cheek before he pushed me into the dining room where the others were all waiting.

All I could think was, why was I being silly?