Part Twenty-Five

I felt myself being lifted from the backseat of the car and I struggled to open my eyes when I heard Victor murmur a, “Thank you,” to Mr Carlisle as we moved from the limousine towards the front door which I suddenly noticed was wide open and filled with the pushing bodies of my other eight boys.

I giggled slightly at the thought of them standing there like that the whole time that I had been gone.

As we got close enough that I could see Victor’s face clearly in the light, I looked up, “I’m awake now. Put me down?”

He just shook his head and looked over at his brothers, “Move out of the way,” he murmured softly.

They parted and allowed us to enter without another word spoken; the rest of the night had been magical as the orchestra continued to play until it was nearly midnight. Victor had also organised for us to taken on an extended night tour in the limousine and I had forced myself awake until Mr Carlisle had announced that it was time to return to the house.

Victor had pulled me down so that my head was pillowed in his lap and my eyes had drifted closed as his fingers had played softly in my hair.

I was placed down onto one of the nearest lounges as Victor knelt before me and lifted my feet so that he could slip my heels off before handing them over to Gabriel.

The others had all followed us and settled around the room; glancing around at them I noticed that they all appeared very much awake and happy to see me, dressed in their pyjamas.

“So…” North asked impatiently, looking at Victor as though he expected him to give some sort of report on how the date went.

Victor glared back, “It all went fine.”

“You were meant to have her back hours ago, not,” he glanced at his watch, “at two a.m.”

I looked over at Victor in confusion, “You didn’t tell them about the drive beforehand.”

He shook his head and looked down, avoiding the eyes of the others, “I didn’t want it to end so I decided to organise the drive around with Mr Carlisle.”

I reached over and touched his cheek, “Thank you. Tonight was beyond special.”

He looked up with a proud and pleased smile; so satisfied that I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Did you enjoy yourself, Pookie?” Sean cut in, looking between the two of us with twinkling eyes and a happy smile.

I let out a longing sigh, “It was perfect. I almost cried when I saw the orchestra,” I looked up Mr Blackbourne who had stationed himself to the side of the couch, “I think you would have loved it.”

He gave his millimetre smile, “I’m quite sure that I would have enjoyed it also. You look radiant.”

I blushed at the compliment and shifted my gaze to the others, “I just want to say that the dates that I have been on so far have been completely unforgettable and I am so glad to have been able to share them with you.”

“And it’s not over yet although I am pretty pissed that you’re probably going to be exhausted in the morning for when I get to take you out,” Gabriel cut in, grumbling and running his fingers over the decorations on the shoes that he still held in his hands.

Victor flushed, “I’m sorry.”

Before it could get any worse, I cut in on them, “Enough, tonight has been amazing and I won’t have it ruined by you all fighting over something that is completely inconsequential.”

It was funny; here lounged nine of the most handsome and amazingly wonderful guys that I had ever met and I made them look sheepish with one sentence. Even Mr Blackbourne shifted his eyes from mine as I stared them down.

“Sorry, Sang,” Kota spoke up, rubbing his hands together. “We just freaked out a little when we got the message from Victor and then you were gone so long…”

Holding onto my good mood, I hopped up and gave them all a quick hug, even Mr Blackbourne, who stood frozen for the 3 seconds it took for me to wrap my arms around him and squeeze, “I’m going to get changed and then I would like to watch a movie in my room if any of you would care to join me.”

I didn’t look back at them as I rounded the corner and headed quickly up the stairs and into my temporary bedroom.

I hadn’t meant to sound so abrupt with them but as this was meant to be my weekend, I wasn’t willing to waste even a second of it watching them argue over something that shouldn’t even garner a mention. I knew that they would have been worried about us not turning up until hours after what had been planned but the drive around was something that I had thoroughly enjoyed no matter what time of day that it had occurred at.

I finished dressing just as a soft knock sounded at the door; I didn’t bother answering beyond walking over and pulling the door inward to see which of them had decided to join me.

I giggled and stepped back as I registered nine hopeful faces looking back at me. “All of you?”

An uncertain look crossed some of their faces and I kicked myself for wording it in such a way. I pulled the door completely open and gestured for them all to join me. I crawled into the middle of the bed and watched as they spread themselves throughout the room. I ended up wedged between Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green as they pulled rank and kicked everyone else on the floor except for Gabe who just crawled onto the end of the bed.

I wedged myself comfortably between the two older boys and tried to concentrate on the movie that Nathan slipped on before switching off the lights, but immediately the warmth of my cacoon and the mingling scents of my nine boys as they all quietly turned their attention to the screen lulled me into snoozing in that place where you’re still able to hear everything around you but your whole body is weighed down and peaceful.

“So, did she really like the orchestra?” I heard Silas ask quietly from his spot on the floor.

The sound of the television turned down slightly, “From her reaction, I can safely say that she definitely liked it.”

“Very good, Mr Morgan,” Mr Blackbourne spoke up and I closely felt the rumble of his words, making me realise that I had somehow ended up with my head pillowed on his chest, “but please refrain from making changes to the schedule next time.”

A murmur of agreement came from the others and I wanted to protest but I was getting pulled even deeper into slumber, losing my grasp on what was reality and what was dream.

“I would just like Silas to explain how the fuck he ended up on local television while making out with Sang Baby!”