Part Twenty-One

The atmosphere in the stadium was beyond anything I had ever experienced! The times when I had been to watch North and Silas play football had seemed intense but the swell of the team’s supporters swept about swept me along for the ride and I couldn’t help but getting fired up as I jumped up beside Silas and began yelling insults like everyone else around us.

“This game is ridiculous,” the guy next to me exclaimed, pulling his hat off to wave it at the field as his friends agreed.

“Having fun?” Silas suddenly leaned down to whisper in my ear.

I smiled up at him, having to raise a hand to ward of some of the intense sunshine, “Of course, I am.”

I was loving my time with him and the chance to see what I had been missing when I’d been forced to watch the games on the television at home.

“Hotdogs!” Was suddenly yelled from close behind me and I jerked my head around to find that there was a young guy walking around with a platter of hotdogs for sale. I tugged on Silas’ arm and gave him my best puppy dog eyes.

I wanted the whole experience. Hotdogs included.

He just laughed and flagged the guy over. I giggled when he handed me one and turned back to pick up four for himself.

“Really?” I asked him, eyeing the food.

He whimpered, biting into one and trying to speak around the mouthful of food, “None of the others will let me have these when I’m around them. You should’ve known that I was just taking you out for the food.” He gave me a broad wink and began to devour his meal.

I poked him in the shoulder and started in on my own. It wasn’t the best, and I knew that North would have a fit, but I still relished the chance.

Would we ever be able to do this again?

“Oh come on,” my gentle giant suddenly roared and I jumped slightly, earning a remorseful look at him as I spilled some of the ketchup on my chin.

I grumbled at him but quickly mopped it up.

“Sorry, Aggele,” he apologised, looking quickly back at the field, frowning as one of the players was carried off after being hit in the face by the flying ball.

Poor guy had been caught right in the nose.

“So, is this weekend shaping up to be a good one?” He wrapped a strong arm around my shoulders and pulled me in so that my head was tucked against his broad chest.

“How could you even ask that?” I had to raise my voice slightly over the noise around us, “This has all been perfect. More than anything I could’ve hoped for!”

And, of course, the best part had been gaining the courage to show the boys more of my feelings than I had previously been comfortable with.

I turned my eyes upward and gazed at Silas’ strong neck and chin.

Now for the next one. It was entirely public but I wasn’t going to pass up this opportunity to share a kiss with my high school boyfriend.

“Silas?” I moved so that I was breast to chest with him; on my knees and my lips pressed to his ear.

He cupped the back of my head and pushed in even closer, “Yes, Sang?” He whispered, his hot breath feathering over my sensitive nape.

“Can I kiss you?”

He pulled back abruptly to stare at me in shock and I bit my lip, worried that I had misread his feelin…

I didn’t get a chance to finish the thought as he suddenly cupped his larged hands around my face and leaned forward to drop his lips onto mine.

It started chaste but as my breathing sped up, I felt the lightest pressure from his tongue. I gasped and he suddenly invaded my mouth; my mind was in a whirlwind.

After kissing the others, I was used to the feel of another kissing me but with Silas it seemed as though he had lost all restraints and was intent upon devouring me with no thought for the people pressing around us.

It wasn’t until I heard loud claps and cheering around me that I began to pull away until finally I was leaning my forehead against his.

“Nice one man,” the guy next to me spoke up and I had the weirdest feeling that he was speaking to us.

Silas glanced around and I heard a muttered, “Shit,” as he suddenly smashed my face into his neck.

“What?” I asked, confused by his action. Had I done something wrong?

He gave a small and awkward chuckle, “Sorry Aggele but it seems that our first kiss was just captured by the crowd camera.”

“The what?” It sounded familiar but I couldn’t remember exactly what he was talking about.

“Umm,” he cleared his throat, “You know…the camera that films couples in the crowd…” His voice petered out at the end as he felt me begin to stiffen.

“Oh god.”