Part Seven

I giggled as I watched Luke line his Lego car on the sloped track. He peeked at the three young boys around him and almost smirked. I rolled my eyes at his attitude; we’d been at Legoland for just over an hour and we hadn’t made it past the Build and Test Zone as he repeatedly added to his Lego car and tried to beat all of the others around him.

I’d given up on passing on advice about the size and shape as the bunch of seven through to ten year olds scoffed at my suggestions.

Luke had failed to mention me on arrival that the preferred age of participants in the multi play centre was three to ten year olds but as soon as we had paid the entry fee, I could see why he had wanted to visit it so much.

There was colour and noise everywhere as bustling parents tried to keep up with ecstatic children; and the kids all ran around in a confused circle trying to figure out what they wanted to do first.

A shouted, “Yes,” drew my attention back to Luke as he hopped around in a circle with his arms raised in triumph. It appeared that his car had finally been able to beat all of his competitors.

The other creators all grumbled, collected their vehicles and moved back to the construction tables.

“Did you see that, Sang?” Luke crowed and hugged the Lego to his chest, “It was epic.”

I smiled at him and glanced around, “Are you ready to go somewhere else?” I didn’t want to ruin his fun but there was still so much to see and I was particularly interested in fitting in a visit to the 4D cinema before our time ran out and Nathan turned up to steal me away for whatever it was he had planned.

Luke pouted his lip for a second but his eyes carefully looked over my face. He let out a sigh and put the car down onto the nearest table, “I didn’t mean for you to be bored.”

I reached out and touched his chest, “I’m not bored.” I assured him and I wasn’t, but I was excited to see what else the centre had to offer.

He grabbed up my hand and kissed the back of it before he tucked me under his arm and drew me out of the Racer arena. “There are some things that we can’t do because of our size and age but what has caught your interest?”

“Umm…” I lifted my finger to my lip and blushed slightly, hopeful that he wouldn’t find my preferences silly, “The cinema and the laser tag.”

He hugged me tighter and threw back his head in laughter, “They are all going to be so jealous that they missed this.”

We weaved around the crowd and I found myself looking at the back of the line for the cinema. It appeared that there were more than a few people ahead of us but Luke didn’t seem concerned as we waited and I listened to him chatter on about how happy he was to be spending the weekend with his family. My heart swelled at his smile and the twinkle in his eyes.

I lived for the moments when I could see any of them look this happy.

He stared down into my face and I was suddenly mesmerised by the amount of attention that he was paying me. It seemed that we were the only two standing there and my breath caught as a now familiar sensation swept through me.

Ever since my time with the Andersons, I had been aware of the minute changes that swept over me whenever I was alone with any of them. I wasn’t sure of anything; I didn’t know how any of them, except for Nathan, felt for me but my own confusion had settled slightly.

I could only hope that what I felt and what I was slowly embracing wouldn’t tear me away from them.

“Sang?” Luke asked me and I blinked as he waved a hand in front of my face. I had been so out of it that I hadn’t noticed when we’d reached the doorway, “You ok?” He asked with concern and I smiled up into his gorgeous brown eyes.

“Of course, I’m with you, aren’t I?”

His whole face brightened dramatically and he pulled us through the black curtains and into the nearest seats at the back of theatre.

Fingers played with the back of my neck and I sighed in contentment.

“Sang?” Luke whispered and I once again searched his face; it was filled with longing and some indescribable emotion that pulled at me.

I sucked in every ounce of my courage and cupped his face to pull him incremently closer to me, “Sang?” He whispered again, this time with a combination of shock, confusion and hope.

It may not be all worked out but for this moment, in this place that was like a exterior vision of his happy and carefree mind, I couldn’t help myself.

As the screen lit up and everyone else lifted their 4D glasses to watch the flying Lego characters, I softly placed my lips against my blonde haired boy's and shared the next of my first kisses. This time on my terms and with a feeling of light-headedness and confidence.