Part Nine

“You’re in luck, folks. While we’re on set today, The Walking Dead crew will be present and filming. We ask in consideration that you stay out of the way and try not to approach any of the cast.” Eric, our tour guide, stood at the front of the bus and smiled at everyone as we all murmured with excitement at the prospect of seeing an actual show in the process of being filmed.

“Can you believe this,” Nathan exclaimed, reading the brochure, “All tour guides have been featured in the zombie shows as extras.”

I giggled at seeing him so excited. He was more like Luke and Gabriel then I’d ever thought; a big kid at heart.

We’d been on the tour so far for about 20 minutes and I’d spent the whole time listening intently as Eric talked about what the tour would include. He also handed out booklets on each of the shows that we would be speaking about, which I was grateful for since it would mean that I wouldn’t be the only one on the bus with no idea what everyone was talking about.

I leaned into Nathan’s shoulder and peered past his wide chest out the window. He’d tried to force me to take it but I’d proposed that he sat there for the first hour and a half and I took it for the second.

By the time that we finished it would be late afternoon but Nathan had hinted that we would be stopping into some sort of grocery store on the way back to pick up everything for dinner.

Apparently Luke and North had gotten into a fight over what was meant to be served and Mr Blackbourne had only been able to control them by deciding that I would be the one to choose the dinner menu.

“Ooh,” I murmured, poking Nathan to get his attention and then pointing out into a sea of zombies.

“Holy shit,” I heard someone choke from the seat in front of us and Nathan’s chest shook with his stifled laughter.”

“What you see now is the wait area where all the extras spend their time between takes.” Eric explained and went on to tell us about the current series that was planned for The Walking Dead series.

“Are you having fun?” Nathan asked me, looking down with a serious expression and I broadened my smile.

“This is pretty fun,” I replied and tried to stretch out my legs a little more. I wasn’t sure how Nathan didn’t feel squished with his much longer legs but my thighs had started to cramp slightly and I’d long since lost most of the feeling in my bottom.

A nudge in the shoulder had me looking over and I saw Nathan staring back with an exasperated grin, “You’re meant to tell me when there’s something wrong.”

I sent him a sheepish look, “I’m just a bit stiff after running around with Luke and now sitting on here for so long.”

He shook his head and reached over to lift me up and onto his lap, “Now I can’t see out the window,” I pouted.

“We’ll be stopping in about five minutes anyway when we reach the Jackson Street Bridge for our photos.”

Happy with that, I stretched out my legs into the other chair and settle into his chest. It was solid but so warm that I would’ve been content just to sleep there for the rest of the afternoon.

The time passed quickly and I struggled of his lap when Eric announced that we would be disembarking for the next part of the tour.

“Jackson Street Bridge…” he went on into a rehearsed talk about what it had been featured in and why it was famous but I was too busy looking over the edge at the speeding cars.

“This would be amazing at night,” Nathan piped in, leaning close next to me.

I agreed. With the city lights, it would be a sparkling sight.

“Sang and Nathan,” I heard from behind us and I turned to see Eric holding a camera, “Ready for your photos?”

The first three were the average, his arm around me and us both grinning like happy fools but just before the flash went off for the last one, Nathan grabbed my shoulders and span me until I was pressed to his chest. In the next second, his lips had dropped down onto mine with a deliciously soft pressure.

“Aw, so romantic,” I heard from the side of us but I paid the onlookers no mind as I reached up and wrapped my arms around Nathan’s neck to keep him close.

The sound of a horn from below drew us back and, panting, we leaned against one another. He squeezed his arms tighter, “You really are perfect for us.”

I pulled back in shock. Did he really just say us?

His smile was soft and so beautiful, “It’s ok, Sang. I know and it’s ok.”

I didn’t know whether to smile or sob. I really did hope that he meant it and he had a better idea of what was going to happen to us all in the future than what I did.