Part Six

“Ok, Miss Sorenson. Because we were unable to all agree on what we wanted to do with you this weekend, we decided to stay for an extended weekend. Which means that we’ll be flying back on Tuesday morning and everyone will return to school next Wednesday,” Mr Blackbourne sat across from me on the comfy leather lounges in the enormous family room and I just stared back, fascinated with how uncomfortable he seemed at trying to act casual around us all.

I wasn’t sure if it was just me or the fact that he rarely spent time with his brothers outside of Academy business, but it was like he didn’t know how to handle the fact that we were discussing a holiday, not another assignment.

I looked around at the others as they sprawled over the available furniture, some of them watching me intently while the others poked and prodded at the various personal items of the people who actually owned the house.

“So what are we doing then?” I was both thrilled at the news that I would have so much extra time with them and slightly shocked over the fact that Mr Blackbourne would allow all of us to miss school as a group for even one day.

He must have read it all in my expression because he pushed his glasses further up on his nose and sent me a small smile, “We all need this time off and I’ve already dealt with any fallout on our Ashley Waters assignment.” His tone shouted, Don’t worry, and I wanted so much to believe it that I pushed my fears of dealing with Mr Hendricks down and repeated my question.

Kota shifted in his spot next to me and I glance up to find him smiling down at me, “Well, it’s up to you but we had an idea,” he looked around and the others nodded at him to continue, “If you wouldn’t mind, we’d like to take you out separately. We had some troubles trying to agree on what to do and we thought this might be the perfect solution.”

“Umm…” I lifted a finger to my mouth and looked down. I liked the idea of being able to spend time with each of them, doing what each of them liked as I’d requested on my birthday but it seemed rude to make the others hang around and wait for their turn.

“What are you thinking, Pookie?” Sean asked and I looked back up to find them all tense and waiting.

“I’d like to spend time with each of you but I don’t want anyone to feel left out,” I thought I sounded stupid but my explanation seemed to relax them.

“Don’t worry about that, Princess,” Victor murmured, “We’ve worked everything out for ourselves as well.”

“Yeah,” Gabe pointed at Kota, “he made us write up schedules. Can you believe that shit. Schedules on a fucking holiday!”

They all laughed and I joined in by letting out a gale of giggles. It did seem kind of silly for them to have a written plan of a holiday but I could see how it would work for a group like them.

“So,” Luke rubbed his hands together, “Nathan, North and I have you today. Kota, Silas and Victor are scheduled for tomorrow and then Gabe, Sean and Mr Blackbourne have things planned for Monday. How does that sound?”

“Perfect,” and busy but I couldn’t wait to see what they had planned and how they had managed to fit it all in. I’d never really heard much about Atlanta or the kinds of things that you could do but I knew that they would’ve gone to a massive amount of effort to make it all perfect for me.

What had I ever done to deserve them or this?

“Will we spend any time together?” I asked.

“Sure we will, Aggele,” Silas grinned and sent me a wink, “Luke’s going to make us breakfast and we’ll be together for dinners.”

“We’ve got it sorted,” North assured and he sent me a content look.

They all seemed to be relaxed and in good spirits and I couldn’t help think that this was the most perfect thing to happen at this point in time. We did all need the break and nothing seemed better to me than having them all to myself while they took me around this fascinating city.

“Can I ask what’s happening today?”

They all looked at Mr Blackbourne and he simply stared back, “It’s up to you all if you want to tell her before you leave.”

“I’m going to have to change her clothes before she goes,” Gabe complained with exasperation.

Luke shot him a look, “Seriously? We have to leave soon to make sure that we aren’t rushing through everything.”

Meanie pointed at me, “She’s not going anywhere wearing that outfit. It’s not bright enough for where you’re taking her.”

“Where’s he taking me?” I piped in and they all laughed.

Luke clapped like a five year old and jiggled in place, “I hope you’ve got your fun times cap on because I’m taking you to the wonderful land of Lego.”