Gotta long plain ride ahead

I had fallen asleep in the limo only to be awakened by a heavy charlie on top of me. As soon as I was fully awake, I yelled,

"CHARLIE ANDREW CONWAY WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" As I climbed out of the car, he lifted me up and spun me around in a big hug.

"I've been waiting for YOU! I've been bored out of my misery with school and you barely CALLED! But we're still on for a game of basketball right?" He said putting me down.

"Oh heck yeah, your on. And wait I never called? Charlie, was every day of summer not enough?" I said smirking then laughing.

"No! Your supposed to call me every hour." He pouted before his eyes widened, "Your nose! You pierced it?! It looks amazing!" I laughed.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, huh?"

"Um, yeah! Any other tattoos or hickeys I should know about young lady?" He started scanning my body.

I pulled him into another hug, still laughing. "Oh how I've missed you so much mister Conway."

We made small talk as we walked into the airport, as if we hadn't seen each other in decades.

"So after I left, there was only like a week left of the season. Did I miss anything?" I asked him.

"Uhhh, well not a lot but just a few small things. Don't worry you'll see." He said keeping his eyes ahead looking for our flight number.

I then spotted two familiar faces.

"Dwayne! Luis!" I ran towards them jumping into Luis's arms and Dwayne embracing me with a hug after.

"It's so good to finally see you again, Brynn!" Luis said as he put me down.

"I missed you too fella's! Y'all sure are dressed pretty bummy. I was told the cattle men would be here." We had picked up on his language but we were still a little confused by what he says some times, so we all laughed.

On the plane ride there, I sat next to Charlie. He let me get the window seat while Luis and Dwayne sat in front of us.

"Aye Brynn, pssssttt." Charlie yanked out my head phones and I looked away from looking out the window.

"Huh? Yeah?" I said while Charlie laughed at me and pointed to Luis.

"You don't have a boyfriend right? Because I mean..I could be your next one." Luis had leaned his seat back, winked, and was licking his lips.

"Hey man lay off. I don't hate you but I will. If you EVER talk to her like that again, I will make sure you can't even walk when I check you so hard into the boards—"

"Charlie, Charlie, chill man. I can handle this. It's not a big deal because either way," I stopped for a minute looking back at Luis, "Your getting rejected, I'm not into a play boy. And don't get me wrong, I love you like a brother..but that's the problem: a brother, Luis." Charlie and I kinda laughed.

"Nah it's cool, I see you like an older sister too and to be honest.. I'm not even into you. I was just testin' ma options."

I gasped and put my hand over my chest like I took offense. He then realized what he said and apologized.

"Nah, nah it's all good," I said while laughing. The poor guy let out a breath. We looked over and Dwayne was knocked out with his cowboy hat covering his face.

I put my head phones in and got comfortable on Charlie's shoulder, nuzzling into him. He put his arm around me and let me get comfortable. Eventually, I ended up laying down with my head on his lap, using my hoodie for a pillow. He slowly ran his fingers through my hair and that was all I remembered before I was gone.

"Don't worry. I gotchu." Charlie said, his voice so soothing.

• • •

I woke up and looked around noticing we were still on the plain ride. I was about to lay my head back down until a lady came to us and said a little quietly "Oh, you might not want to sleep. We'll be landing in about 5-10 minutes."

"Oh um, thank you" I smiled.

I looked at Charlie and his head was leaned back and he was asleep. I started to mess with his hair and then slightly shake him. I kissed him on the cheek once and he finally started to move. "Charlie, Charlie" I kept repeating. He finally woke up.

"Wake up, my sleepyhead. We're about to land you don't wanna be tired when you get to see the team." I started to get everything put back into my duffel bag.

"The team!" He said, quickly waking up.

I chuckled. "Are you just excited or is there something your not telling me?" He looked at me in the eyes for a second, so I was a little concerned.

"N-nothing," he smiled. Now fo sho something was up but I didn't say anything. Dwayne was still asleep so I woke him up and Luis wasn't really asleep just kinda getting to the point, so I shook him like a maraca to make sure he was awake.

"Alright, girl chill." He said as he stretched.

We had landed and we got off looking for another fancy chauffeur person again like the last driver. Mr. Tibbles was also on the plain and got off with us, but he was in first class, that rich little b*tch.