Conway, you better not

After practice was done, every one was wore out— that is..every one except me and him. We had practiced for about 3 hours so it was now 8. Me and Adam however, we're so focused on showing each other up, we couldn't care less about the tired ness. However, I did wait to get undressed because of my big bruise.

"Any one else feel like puking their guts out or is that just me?" Charlie asked falling to the floor, laying there still.

"Same here, dude" Goldberg complained barely having any breath.

I was acting like I was focused on my skates so I could get more time alone to change. As soon as the coast was clear, I started to slowly get my arm up above my head to take off my pads and under clothes, slipping on regular clothes. I lightly touched the gauze I had on it from my bathroom back home. I winced in the sent of pain that shot through my whole body.

A stick dropped. I turned around to see Charlie. I quickly put my shirt down.

"No too late, I already saw. What the hell happened to you, B?! Who did this?!" He ran to me, hands on my face and his eyes full of anger.

"Charlie it's fine really just some guys at school." He helped me sit down and I tried to put my clothes back on because well..I was in my bra.

"Charlie please stop. One because it hurts too much and two because I'm kinda half naked."

He wasn't laughing, still seemed pissed. "Brynn I don't even care about that, I've seen it before and it doesn't matter. You have nothing to cover up in front of me because your beautiful and trust me, I'm not the only one who knows it."

I smiled. He had a way with words at times even though I hated people being soft or sweet, I wasn't feeling energized enough to have an argument. I had finally gotten my regular clothes on when I thought I heard some one. But I honestly didn't bother to care. Whatever Charlie was doing was helping; He had grabbed the first aid kit so he must have known his stuff.

"There. Good for now until the doc takes a look." I sat up quickly when I heard that.

"Doctor?! No way. Coach probably won't let me play and then he would have to call my mom. Conway, you better not." I looked at him before speaking again. "Charlie you know my secrets, I know yours. Come on man I trust you." He hated when I did this because he knew we both knew how we were.

"Fine but I'm keeping a look out for you alright. Not letting any one get near you. Especially with you and Adam butting heads at each other constantly."

"Hey, hey, that's all him. He's just a show off. I had captains spot in the first place. Plus, he thinks he's all that, like a big star." I put up my hands in defense and had a weird look on my face.

"Do you..regret that? You regret saying that, don't you?" He said raising an eyebrow. I sat up right again.

"Pfff, noooo. I'm being honest." Charlie gave me that mom look, like the "mhmmm" one.

"B, I know you. You are tough, cold hearted, and can't stand those types of people. But I also know the girl who I grew up with. The soft one who has a small side where she can't even stand to see a person she loves get hurt, a team mate get checked. You remember when we were 5 and you cried because I fell off my skates thinking the skates beat me up?" I looked down smiling but a little embarrassed.

"Oh shut up..but your right."

"And if you don't like him right now, you will. Because even though he's probably a threat to you, he's still a team mate. So it's hard for you to say you hate him because you know you care, in the slightest way." Charlie told me.

"I know, I know. It's just...you know how I get and...well you know my family status, my medical issues. I just don't like to think of those things so I push them aside until they really start to affect me."

"And their starting to affect you." There was a moment of silence. Charlie looked at me and smiled, placing his hand on my check and kissing my forehead.

"That's what I'm here for though. To tell you it's going to be okay. I'm here, Brynn, I got you." He looked at me in the eyes.

I started crying because when ever a person shows me nice sweet affection my body just does that. Then Charlie started crying because I was crying. I leaned onto him, wrapping each other in a tight warm hug just staying there for a bit.

"Forget dinner. Right now this is what matters." He said still hugging me.

Sticks knocked over again. I was a little jumpy, me and Charlie both looked up then ignoring it. He kissed me on the forehead again and he walked me back to my "home", or the hotel room we were staying in.