Chapter Five

JJ watched her flick him off and then stomp away. All this hostility between them is going to affect everything his family is working for. Maybe he deserved it but she and Anna are changing his childhood home. He thinks she is selfish and can't understand what that feels like.

Jack talked to him again that evening like a child. He swears he is trying to be nice but one look from her and he can't help it. She brings a chaotic side out of him.

JJ's guy, who was looking into Roxana Photography, called him and told him he will mail all the information about her to him. JJ thinks he hit the jackpot since the packet must be large. Until then JJ wants to push this princess to quit. Save this ranch some other way than some bullshit wedding place.

The next morning they are at the barn and JJ is working in the open area. Everett walks in with Jack. JJ feels slightly betrayed by Jack, watching him being so nice to this girl. He can't understand why he's on board with changing everything.

JJ has spent the morning power washing the loft area and he's now in the middle level that will serve as the dance area, tables, and happy people. He internally gags.

He looks at the powerwasher in his hands and has an idea. He turns the hose onto Everett.

"Aaaahhhhh!" She throws her hands in front, failing to stop the spray of water.

"Wet kitty, whoops," he sarcastically laughs.

She gives him a death stare and he stands tall, proud of himself.

Later on that day he walks out of the barn and doesn't see anyone. He looks off to the path that connects to where the cottages are and watch her walking back towards the barn with new clothes on. He admires the green color of her shirt for a brief moment before he snaps himself out of it.

She spends the rest of the day away from JJ and he finds it peaceful while he does the chores assigned to him.

That evening, JJ Is happily walking to his cottage and excited to get ready for bed. The chore list has kept everyone pretty busy, and for him, it's a bit much especially with his prosthetic. Takes him a bit longer. He takes a shower and when he goes climbing into bed, he pulls the sheets back, and there in his bed, are HER soaking clothes from earlier. In his bed. Under his covers.

"ROXANA!!!!!" He screams, grabbing her soaking clothes.

JJ Swings the door open holding her clothes. She is sitting on her porch with a snide grin on her face. Jack and Anna rush out of their cottage to watch the entire encounter. He throws the clothes down in the dirt and points to her.

"It's on!" he yells.

"Wild Wild West Asswipe," She throws her arms up motioning him to come at her.

"Get ready princess you are going down!"

"Still be a step above you!"

JJ screams into the air and stomps back into his cottage slamming the door so hard the windows shake.

Everett follows suit, proud of her work.

Jack and Anna look at each other.

"What the hell?" Anna baffled at the level of behavior.

"Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing,"

"Don't get involved!" They both point at each other and say at the same time. They nod and have a mutual understanding of being neutral parties in this standoff.

"May the best man win," Anna salutes to Jack.

"God help us all,"

Everett is in her cottage pacing back and forth. He wants to play dirty like that. Hose her down till she is soaking. She is impressed with her response to his actions. War was declared on both sides.