Chapter Six

The next couple of days everyone is on edge. Mostly JJ and Everett. This prank shit was fun but JJ still wants her gone. Though Anna is planning everything, it's Roxana Photography that is pulling people to the doors.

JJ checks the door frames before he walks through and Everett gives JJ distance so they don't run into each other.

JJ is struggling when she wrapped her arms around him to smear the paint, his stomach flipped. He's convincing himself that he had a stomach bug and has been thinking that he should make himself throw up.

This morning comes too early and the sun isn't even up yet. They are at the east barn saddling up horses for the cattle drive.

Wyatt and JJ are saddling the horses and Jack and Everett are packing the bags with small tents, blankets, and supplies for the overnight ride.

JJ is at Everett's horse and he loosens the clinch making the saddle loser. He is internally doing an evil laugh. She will most certainly fall on her ass.

"Are we ready?" Jack asks. "Here, we will pack some heavier supplies on Roxana's horse since she's smaller and lighter,"

Everett agrees and they place a few more things on her horse, strapping things down. Everett Grabs the saddle and pulls herself up, swinging her leg over. As soon as her leg gets halfway over the saddle falls to the side and she falls back.

"Aaaaahh!" she yells.

Jack and Wyatt are mortified as JJ is laughing and pointing like a child.

"Are you ok?" Wyatt asks with concern.

"Darlin, are you hurt?" Pops walks over to check on her.

JJ's laugh falls realizing his dad was here at the barn. He didn't see him walk in.

Everett is laying on her back and she throws a thumbs up.

"I'm good, guess the horse lost weight," She is slow to get up, "It's all good. Guess I forgot to tighten the clench,"

"Please be more careful," Pops looks on with worry.

"Yes sir," She nods to him. Everett is throwing a wicked eye at JJ proceeds to saddling up the horse and repacking the side bags. Pop's is there to help her finish everything. He helps her up onto the horse and they start to ride out. The sun is just starting to rise and Everett looks so in love.

"Oh, wow! It's beautiful!" She gasps.

JJ looks over and watches her studying the sunrise. She is enamored with it all and won't take her eyes off of it. It takes him a second to realize he never saw the sunrise in the same light.

"Jack! Is that not the most beautiful sight?" She asks.

"Compared to my heather, it's nothing! But yes, it's some of my most favorite sights on cattle drives," Jack agrees.

"How lucky are you to live this every day!" she says with envy.

JJ hangs back with Wyatt and lets them go ahead. He looks at it and can see what she means. It is something to see. They ride on in complete silence and JJ is thankful for that, he's in some pain and trying to put up a front.

"JJ, are you doing ok?" Wyatt whispers.

"Leg is rubbing a bit. It doesn't bend to the saddle," JJ points to his leg.

"Just take it off? No one will say anything," Wyatt offers.

"Not in front of a prissy princess," JJ points out.

"Scared to let her see you for real?" Wyatt calls him out.

JJ looks at him like he is crazy. "I'm sorry, say what?"