Chapter Fourteen

The next morning, Everett wakes up early. She couldn't sleep too well and knows that chores are best to start before sunrise. Plus at the east barn boast some of the most amazing sunrises she's ever seen.

She rolls out of bed and heads to the living room where her brothers are asleep. She nudges them with her foot trying to wake them up.

"Come on," She sweetly says.

"UGH! Sun isn't up," Gunnar grunts.

"Yeah, Everett! It's cold!" Hudson turns over.

"Come on, you will miss the best part of this place," She begs.

They reluctantly get up and get dressed. Kindly giving into their baby sister's pleading. She takes them over to the barn and meets with Jack, Momma, and Pops. They greet them with hot coffee.

"Oh, you are angels!" Gunnar quickly gulps.

"Mmmm," Hudson savors his cup. Holding it close to his face.

"Morning everyone," Everett softly says.

Jack gives her a side hug and Momma is right behind him waiting for a hug for herself. They walk and stand by the fence by the pasture. Together they watch the sunrise. Warm hues filter through the clouds and you can almost feel the temperature rising just by looking.

"Wow," Gunnar stands in awe.

"Stunning," Hudson adds.

"Just like home but bigger and better," Everett stands in amazement.

"I'm sure you have lovely sunrises," Pops offers.

"Yeah, you have a farmhouse and all?" Jack seems slightly confused.

"It's better at the family land, lakefront. It's nice but this is a million-dollar view! Every sunrise and sunset is just a bit better than the last," Everett soaks in the light.

"Amen, little sister," Gunnar agrees.

"It's one of Ollie's favorites... Sunsets," Hudson states.

"How are my favorite people back at home?" Everett asks.

"Victoria, Zoe, and Dax are great! Vic has been helping to design the next center in Memphis," Gunnar smiles.

"Center?" Jack asks.

"I created and run a non-profit center for underprivileged kids in down neighborhoods. Started back at home and now with Memphis, I'll have opened three centers. It's a safe place for kids to go do homework, connect, and focus on future prospects. Have a physical, emotional, and most imaginative safe place. A lot of kids don't have that," Gunnar explains.

"Wow, that's pretty incredible," Jack listens intently.

"Yeah, when our parents first got together," Gunnar motions between them, "I gained these two heathens and I loved being there for them. We also have a younger sister, Allie. I loved being there for all of them. During college, I got to mentor some kids and the passion just grew from there. I liked seeing kids who had nothing succeed,"

"Truly, just the most selfless thing," Momma watches in awe.

"Eh, I'm selfish," Gunnar laughs. "I like the way it makes me feel. My real dad was a cop with their dad. He died in the line of duty. Now our dad is still a cop and he and my mom go above and beyond for the community. They helped my wife out when she was younger. They taught us to be kind to people, give when we can, and not boast about it,"

"That's what got my wife, Ollie," Hudson smiles wide.

"Baseball?" Jack points.

"Nah, it was the silent charity time I did. A lot of stuff wasn't in the papers but she was there for all of it. Front and center, she saw it all. Like Gunnar said we give back when we can and don't do it for a picture. Everett and I have a real mom that focused on what she could do to bring more attention to herself," Hudson gives a bit more explanation of Everett. "She used to make Everett do those stupid beauty pageants. No matter what pranks she pulled to get out or disqualified, our mom made sure she won,"